Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old Today, 01:48 PM   #1
sebastost
sebastost began at the beginning.

Device: Dell Streak 5
Request ”find and replace” for Page Editor

First of all thank you for the amazing software. I am using it for such a long time (for my own ebooks, to read them on my own reader and share it with friends) that it become my go to tool for epubs.
Still I have a request if it is possible: add the possibility to replace (not just find). A lot of times I am dealing with text that needs some good old ”find and replace” after an ocr. It is much easier to spot the text replacements in the Page Editor than in the Sigil (where is more easier to do this for xhtml code). For sure, I use the find and replace in Sigil but for me it will be such a help to have that possibility in Page Editor also.
Thank you again for the amazing software
sebastost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 02:27 PM   #2
KevinH
Sigil Developer
KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: many
Sorry but doing find and replace in something that is best done in Sigil itself because of its regular expression capabilities. You can always turn on Preview in Sigil and click on a word to sync CodeView and use Find and Replace in the current file.

Another reason is that Find and Replace in PageEdit is not easy in that two strings may appear side by side (contiguous) in Preview but actually have tags between them and therefore any general text replacement would break those tags causing the resulting xhtml to be not well formed.

Doing find replace in Sigil's CodeView prevents that common problem from happening.

Last edited by KevinH; Today at 02:43 PM.
KevinH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 04:31 PM   #3
sebastost
sebastost began at the beginning.

Device: Dell Streak 5
Thank you
sebastost is offline   Reply With Quote