Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old Yesterday, 07:13 PM   #16
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Libra Colour, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
I wouldn't have expected any issues with the executable and Windows Defender since no complaints once I used 7-Zip to extract the executable. OTOH, while I was playing with 7-Zip and creating zip archives with various options, I didn't see any errors either. However, an update (Security Intelligence Update for Microsoft Defender Antivirus) was installed while I was playing and now MSD does not have an issue with the downloaded .zip file.

Otherwise, I haven't seen any showstopper issues with the 2.3.0 beta after editing 3 books.
DNSB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 08:19 PM   #17
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinH View Post
Prior to this version, you needed to tab or mouse click to get focus in the List or Tree at all. Now it has focus but nothing is selected until you use an arrow key to select a cell or line. And previously using a button stole focus away from the List or Tree but that should no longer be happening.
Just so you know, in the ToC Editor, if you select a line and then tab to one of the arrow buttons and press space to 'do' it, focus remains with the button, as it should, and as it has always done.

No false alarms from MD or Malwarebytes, I unzipped it with WinRAR. I don't download with browsers, I use Free Download Manager… all browsers are too flaky.

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 09:17 PM   #18
KevinH
Sigil Developer
KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: many
Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
I wouldn't have expected any issues with the executable and Windows Defender since no complaints once I used 7-Zip to extract the executable. OTOH, while I was playing with 7-Zip and creating zip archives with various options, I didn't see any errors either. However, an update (Security Intelligence Update for Microsoft Defender Antivirus) was installed while I was playing and now MSD does not have an issue with the downloaded .zip file.

Otherwise, I haven't seen any showstopper issues with the 2.3.0 beta after editing 3 books.
Glad to hear no showstoppers! Thank you for testing and reporting back.
KevinH is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 01:26 AM   #19
odamizu
just an egg
odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, iOS
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinH View Post
... if you have any free time and interest in helping Sigil, please grab and use any of these Beta versions and report back any results, good or bad with your normal epub workflows in this thread, so we can track issues down and get them fixed.
Spent a little time with Sigil.app-230Beta-Mac-arm64.tar.xz on Sonoma. Went through my normal epub edit workflow and everything proceeded without a hitch

Thanks as always to KevinH, DiapDealer, and everyone else who contributes to this marvelous program!
odamizu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 08:06 AM   #20
KevinH
Sigil Developer
KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by odamizu View Post
Spent a little time with Sigil.app-230Beta-Mac-arm64.tar.xz on Sonoma. Went through my normal epub edit workflow and everything proceeded without a hitch

Thanks as always to KevinH, DiapDealer, and everyone else who contributes to this marvelous program!
Glad to hear it. Thank you for your help!
Old Today, 12:59 PM   #21
KevinH
Sigil Developer

Agreed not a bug, but the more I think about it, not optimal either.

I have now changed the TOC Editor, the MetaData Editor, and the Spellcheck Editor to open the first time with their top lines highlighted/selected.

Took a bit of work because they all used different combinations of QTreeView and Models meaning I had to develop a different approach for each one.

I have now pushes these changes to master so they will appear in the next release.

Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by BetterRed View Post
The same "nothing selected" behaviour I saw in the Spellchecker, is in the ToC Editor and the Metadata Editor - as can been seen below:

This Attachment 209449 rather than Attachment 209450

This Attachment 209451 rather than Attachment 209452

That suggests to me that it is a behaviour inherited by those dialogues from underlying object classes - presumably from the Qt library.

In the ToC Editor, if I don't hit space to select the "Title" line entry then… when I tab to the Down arrow button and hit space the "Title" line entry doesn't move down… because nothing is selected.

Added: Given that's how it's always been I DO NOT regard this as a bug.

Other dialogues containing lists are the same… e.g Reports, Keyboard shortcuts.

I suspect I misread the discussion about the ToC Editor buttons.

BR