Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old Today, 11:43 AM   #91
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer
JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite(10th)
Quote:
Originally Posted by foosion View Post
Would it be possible and would you be willing to modify SmartEject so that it does what I want - update the Calibre list to match what's on the device?
I didn't remember much about how "Auto populated from books on device" lists work, I had to go read the RL code for a bit.

SmartEject's current paradigm is to check for the count of books on lists needing to be sync'ed and if >0 then offer to call RL's "Sync Now" instead of continuing to eject.

RL's "Sync Now" option can be called to update 'auto pop' lists. And RL can tell me if there are any 'auto pop' lists. But that includes any 'auto pop from search' lists, too.

Unlike an 'Add/Overwrite to device' list, there isn't a book count to indicate whether the 'auto pop' list(s) need to be updated.

So I could add an option to look for "Is any 'auto pop' list sync-able?" and call "sync now" But any 'auto pop from search' lists would also trigger it.

All the other pre-eject checks ask the user whether to stop to address the issue or continue to eject. This would either need to not ask or reverse the yes/no to be 'yes, continue to eject' instead of 'no, continue to eject'.

Is this a one user issue? Or something that other users would also find valuable?
JimmXinu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 03:20 PM   #92
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Libra Colour, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Looking at my use case, I would find little to no value in the suggested change.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 05:03 PM   #93
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
Looking at my use case, I would find little to no value in the suggested change.
Your one up on me. I'd find no value at all.

My use case as posted earlier handles this situation perfectly for me.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
calibre, eject