Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old Today, 03:21 PM   #1
NickBel
NickBel began at the beginning.

Device: Mobile phone or desktop, laptop
Importing file issue.

Hi Everyone,

I have exported my data when I changed my laptop and I am now trying to import them.
Once I select the folder where the CALIBRE-DATA Files are stored, I get an error message while the importing process is running. As per screenshot, the error messag says: The folder "xxx" is not valid: The last part of this exported data set is missing.

Now, there were a lot of books, with a categorization that took long, and many notes also written. It would be very annoying to miss all that work done, is there a way to fix the issue? There are 6 parts in this folder which I assume contain most of my previous e-pubs, even if I could get all of those, that would be fine. Isn't there a file that can be added in the folder so to complete the data set? Is there a solution for this?

Thank you,
Nick

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2024-07-08 051439.png
Views:	10
Size:	12.5 KB
ID:	209439  
NickBel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 03:56 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
https://manual.calibre-ebook.com/faq...rked-drive-nas

Onedrive is a Networked drive (and it has additional features that really do not play well with Calibre).

Mostly Fine to keep a Backup there, but never the Working Library
Note: Anything that changes ANYTHING inside the Library folder can (and usually will) cause issues. The DB contains the EXACT path to the book.
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote