Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old Yesterday, 04:53 PM   #31
Aleron Ives
Wizard
Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
The purpose of the KEPUB downloads is to copy them directly to your Kobo. If you use Calibre, you should probably download the regular EPUB and convert to KEPUB during the transfer.
Aleron Ives is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 06:39 PM   #32
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Libra Colour, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
I would disagree with that statement. Why would kepubify have a calibre option where the file extension of the output file is simply .kepub if kepubs were strictly for being copied directly to a Kobo?

When one acquaintance of mine decided he want to have kepub as his base format in his calibre library, we used a batch file and kepubify to generate the kepubs and then added/merged them into the existing calibre library. Started it running and relaxed while it updated the ~500 books in their library.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 04:41 AM   #33
rashkae
Wizard
rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
I would disagree with that statement. Why would kepubify have a calibre option where the file extension of the output file is simply .kepub if kepubs were strictly for being copied directly to a Kobo?
I think in this case, they were referring specifically to the Kepub downloads from Standard E-books. If you were using Calibre, with Kobo touch extended driver and Kepub output, you would probably be best to simply download the full epub version. The Kepup download is pretty specifically for those people wanting to sideload *without* the workflow.
rashkae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 05:52 AM   #34
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All 4 Kinds: epub eink, Kindle, android eink, NxtPaper11
Quote:
Originally Posted by rashkae View Post
I think in this case, they were referring specifically to the Kepub downloads from Standard E-books. If you were using Calibre, with Kobo touch extended driver and Kepub output, you would probably be best to simply download the full epub version. The Kepup download is pretty specifically for those people wanting to sideload *without* the workflow.
I think so. Even then you might want to filter/convert/edit it. IMO it's significant even Kobo only sends Kepub to Kobo ereaders (apps?) via direct WiFi. DRM free downloads from their site are epub and DRMed are ACSM tickets that deliver epub.

I used kepub for about a year via Calibre and now only use epub. Partly personal preference and partly avoiding proprietary extensions, but I think KFX is worse. Fortunately Amazon downloads via Browser are azw3 unless ancient mobi/azw only. I won't buy fixed layout Kindle, PDF or fixed layout epub3, because IMO those are print replica or files for print and not true ebooks. I also won't buy ebooks that are more than one column, no matter how it's done.
!

Last edited by Quoth; Today at 05:59 AM.
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote