Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Which one should I buy?

Notices

Old Today, 02:50 PM   #1
Mr Avid
Mr Avid began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Oasis 3
Having trouble deciding on a read with page turn buttons

My first reader was a first generation Nook. It wasn't very good. The readability was much lower than a physical book and I had to use a clip-on light with it. I gave up on it after a few month.

Years later, I got a Kindle Oasis and I immediately fell in love with it. I loved the form factor and the physical page buttons were a game changer for me. The buttons made reading even easier than using a book.

Fast forward a few years and I have a problem. My e-book collection has outgrown my storage on the Oasis. I have a 32GB model but it is no longer enough. I know that I could limit the amount of books I keep on the device but, frankly, I don't want to. I am the type to re-read books and I like the fact that I can read anything from my entire collection whenever I want.

Here are my requirements:
* Must have physical page turn buttons and they need to be mostly reliable
* Needs a minimum of 64GB of storage or support for a microsd card
* Built-in lighting, I often read in areas that are not brightly lit plus I need more light than I used to
* Auto-rotation support
* A 7-8-ish screen

Nice to have:
* Light weight
* Long battery life

That is about it. I only use the device for reading and side load all my books.

I only found a handful of devices that meet these criteria:
* Boox Page
* Boox Go Color 7
* Meebook M7
* Bigme B751
* Bigme B751C

Since I don't need color support, I am inclined to avoid the trade-offs inherent with color e-ink.

However, between the other 3 devices I find it difficult to identify which is the better choice. Professional reviews are questionable and consumer reviews often make it hard to tell if there is an issue with the device or the person is just confused or has an unreasonable expectation.

So, I thought I would come here and ask the friendly people who actually might have used one of these devices which one they would recommend.

Thanks in advance and I apologize for the lengthy post.
Mr Avid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 05:02 PM   #2
Aleron Ives
Wizard
Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
You probably want the Boox Page. Bigme also uses Android but has inferior software. I haven't really heard anything about Meebook devices.
Aleron Ives is offline   Reply With Quote