Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old Today, 04:25 PM   #151
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
I did some testing and the only patch that failed in the ones included in the .zip file posted by JSWolf was the PDF Pan/Scan widget.

I changed the offset for the Don't uppercase header/footer text and did some cleanup in the kobopatch.yaml while running my tests such as grouping patch groups to make it easier to prevent enabling more than one group member. I also added my preferred delete the log file before starting in kobopatch.bat which makes it easier to note errors.
The log gets overwritten if it exists. So you don't need to delete it when you run the patches.
JSWolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 04:32 PM   #152
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Libra Colour, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
The log gets overwritten if it exists. So you don't need to delete it when you run the patches.
Last time I ran a series of tests which was a while back, the logs were appended so I added that to the batch file.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 04:33 PM   #153
hatuluang
Zealot
hatuluang ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hatuluang ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hatuluang ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hatuluang ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hatuluang ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hatuluang ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hatuluang ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hatuluang ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hatuluang ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hatuluang ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hatuluang ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara 2E
Quote:
That one didn't get the offset updated. The one that did was the dual patch to Not uppercase and change the page number format.

Anyway, I've updated the single patch and posted a new ZIP file. So if anyone reading this has downloaded the patches, please download again.
Both patches use the same offset for "Don't uppercase header/footer text"
hatuluang is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 04:36 PM   #154
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
I did some testing and the only patch that failed in the ones included in the .zip file posted by PSWolf was the PDF Pan/Scan widget.

I changed the offset for the Don't uppercase header/footer text and did some cleanup in the kobopatch.yaml while running my tests such as grouping patch groups to make it easier to prevent enabling more than one group member. I also added my preferred delete the log file before starting in kobopatch.bat which makes it easier to note errors.
I like your grouping.

You've put a space after the groups. A space above would make it easier to read.
Old Today, 04:42 PM   #155
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
Last time I ran a series of tests which was a while back, the logs were appended so I added that to the batch file.
I just ran a test and the log file does not get appended. It gets overwritten.
Old Today, 04:43 PM   #156
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by hatuluang View Post
Both patches use the same offset for "Don't uppercase header/footer text"
I don't use the single patch. I use the dual patch. The single patch got left out. All the others were fixed.

Thanks for the offset for this so it could be fixed.
Old Today, 04:45 PM   #157
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
I like your grouping.

You've put a space after the groups. A space above would make it easier to read.
Feel free to edit the .yaml file how you want. A space above would probably make it a bit easier but I used that format for grouping since I first moved to using overrides and am used to it. The only pain are the two two-part patches split between librmsdk and libnickel.
Old Today, 04:51 PM   #158
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
Feel free to edit the .yaml file how you want. A space above would probably make it a bit easier but I used that format for grouping since I first moved to using overrides and am used to it. The only pain are the two two-part patches split between librmsdk and libnickel.
I originally used the yaml file in the src directories and did all the yes/no in those. It is a lot easier to do it in the main yaml.

The other thing I do is I use the main yaml to always load the better hyphenation dictionary in English.
Old Today, 05:13 PM   #159
DNSB
Bibliophagist

Quote:
I originally used the yaml file in the src directories and did all the yes/no in those. It is a lot easier to do it in the main yaml.
That it is. Overrides made installing patches less of a pain when I used quite a few patches.

Quote:
The other thing I do is I use the main yaml to always load the better hyphenation dictionary in English.
The only two patches I still use are the Unify font sizes and disable widows/orphans patches. The patches that don't directly affect what I see when reading a book are not of that much interest to me. And since I prefer to read left justified, hyphenation is not that critical to my use case.
Old Today, 05:42 PM   #160
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
That it is. Overrides made installing patches less of a pain when I used quite a few patches.
It makes patching a new firmware a lot easier as the yes/no are already there.

The only thing I do is I have comments to know which patches I've modified. So I know which patches I need to edited.
Old Today, 05:52 PM   #161
Sirtel
Grand Sorcerer
Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage & Libra 2
Quote:
The only two patches I still use are the Unify font sizes and disable widows/orphans patches. The patches that don't directly affect what I see when reading a book are not of that much interest to me. And since I prefer to read left justified, hyphenation is not that critical to my use case.
Several other patches also directly affect what one sees when reading a book - font sizes patch, line spacing patch, margin patches, to name but a few. But I guess if you're satisfied with the default options, you won't need those patches. They are mainly useful for those who prefer smaller sizes and tighter line height. Personally I find them very useful, and yes, I edit my books.
Sirtel is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 06:09 PM   #162
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirtel View Post
Several other patches also directly affect what one sees when reading a book - font sizes patch, line spacing patch, margin patches, to name but a few. But I guess if you're satisfied with the default options, you won't need those patches. They are mainly useful for those who prefer smaller sizes and tighter line height. Personally I find them very useful, and yes, I edit my books.
I agree with that. Well said.

Tags
firmware, firmware release