Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old Today, 03:47 PM   #1
skyy
skyy began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Libra Colour
Main menu item to open specific pdf document?

Hi, this is my first post here so sorry if I'm not formatting correctly or leaving any info out. I tried searching on the forum but didn't find anything for what I am trying to do.

I have a reading journal that I'd like to link to the main menu with nickelmenu so that it opens it directly. I've tried a few different things like nickel_open and cmd_spawn but nothing seems to work. The whole menu will either turn into a config error or I just get an error when selecting the reading journal tab I made in the menu.

I'm honestly not even sure if it's possible with the current commands available. At the moment I've settled on using nickel_open to open my collections and then I just navigate to my journal collection > reading journal.

If it helps, the file is just located in /mnt/onboard/. If I need to move it somewhere else that's fine.

Would appreciate any help, or even just someone letting me know if it's not possible lol. Thanks!
skyy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 04:30 PM   #2
Aleron Ives
Wizard
Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
AFAIK you can't create a NickelMenu entry that opens a specific document.
Aleron Ives is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 04:34 PM   #3
skyy
skyy began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Libra Colour
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aleron Ives View Post
AFAIK you can't create a NickelMenu entry that opens a specific document.
Aw darn. Thank you for replying though!
skyy is offline   Reply With Quote