Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Conversion

Notices

Old Today, 06:45 AM   #1
luigi rovatti
Enthusiast
luigi rovatti began at the beginning.

Device: none
How can I convert a file to epub3?

I wanted to experiment with calibre features, and wanted to see what happens when i convert to epub3. It's not useful for me right now, but it might be in the future. What do i need to do?
luigi rovatti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 06:49 AM   #2
luigi rovatti
Enthusiast
luigi rovatti began at the beginning.

Device: none
Actually, I found out. For those who don't know, you just need to click "convert ebook", then select "output epub", then select version epub 3.

I just need to see if it's compatible to send to kindle. Sorry for wasting your time.

If it's possible, delete this thread.
luigi rovatti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 06:52 AM   #3
enuddleyarbl
Guru
enuddleyarbl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.enuddleyarbl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.enuddleyarbl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.enuddleyarbl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.enuddleyarbl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.enuddleyarbl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.enuddleyarbl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.enuddleyarbl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.enuddleyarbl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.enuddleyarbl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.enuddleyarbl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma
Two ways that come to mind are 1) use the Polish tool at the Calibre level (choose the last option -- Upgrade Book Internals) and 2) in the Editor, use Tools > Upgrade Book Internals.
enuddleyarbl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 10:47 AM   #4
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All 4 Kinds: epub eink, Kindle, android eink, NxtPaper11
The epub2 is perfectly compatible to Send to Kindle and unless you are manually adding extra features in epub3 not in epub2 that are not lots anyway than Amazon converts the epub3 to azw3 or KFX (or mobi for 4 models) depending on user's model and how they connect. Not all models that do azw3 (which is similar to epub2) even do KFX.

Only a subset of epub3 is compatible with Amazon. The rest is either stripped, or entire ebook rejected. An epub2 simply converted to epub3 will work fine for Send to Kindle as it has no extra features.

Last edited by Quoth; Today at 10:49 AM.
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 11:12 AM   #5
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by luigi rovatti View Post
Actually, I found out. For those who don't know, you just need to click "convert ebook", then select "output epub", then select version epub 3.

I just need to see if it's compatible to send to kindle. Sorry for wasting your time.

If it's possible, delete this thread.
Not a good idea. You do not need to convert your existing ePub just to send to your Kindle.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
conversion, epub3