Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old Yesterday, 05:32 AM   #16
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbovenka View Post
Jon, stop stating your opinions as facts. The Sage's battery life could be better, yes, but overnight charging it every few days isn't *that* much of a hassle, is it now?

I also consider my Sage the best E-ink reader I have ever owned. And I have owned lots of them, from the Bookeen Gen3 onwards.
An eInk Reader should not need to be charged every few days. That's the problem.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 06:02 AM   #17
mbovenka
Wizard
mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
An eInk Reader should not need to be charged every few days. That's the problem.
And again: It's *you* who considers it a problem. Many, myself included, don't. It would be nice if the battery life were better than it is, but that's all.
mbovenka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 10:03 AM   #18
petercreasey
Wizard
petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony: PRS 950 & T1, Kobo: Aura One & Forma
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aleron Ives View Post
Why did you switch?
Good question. Answer -- I can't remember. Perhaps because the Forma has an edge that makes it a bit easier to hold; otherwise, I can't recall.

I loved the Aura One and still keep it well maintained and charged.
petercreasey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 10:18 AM   #19
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Libra Colour, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
It's not fine. The battery life is trash.
Quote:
Oh, horrors! I have to connect my Sage to charge more often than most of my ereader collection. I think of it as giving my Sage something to do while I sleep for an hour.

Last edited by DNSB; Yesterday at 10:21 AM.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 10:40 AM   #20
beespeckled
Groupie
beespeckled My eyes! My eyes! The light is just too bright!beespeckled My eyes! My eyes! The light is just too bright!beespeckled My eyes! My eyes! The light is just too bright!beespeckled My eyes! My eyes! The light is just too bright!beespeckled My eyes! My eyes! The light is just too bright!beespeckled My eyes! My eyes! The light is just too bright!beespeckled My eyes! My eyes! The light is just too bright!beespeckled My eyes! My eyes! The light is just too bright!beespeckled My eyes! My eyes! The light is just too bright!beespeckled My eyes! My eyes! The light is just too bright!beespeckled My eyes! My eyes! The light is just too bright!

Device: KOBO Aura One; Kindle Oasis 3
The optimism of my last post has been squashed. The One never advanced past about a 15% charge then degraded as the evening wore on.
beespeckled is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 12:13 PM   #21
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All 4 Kinds: epub eink, Kindle, android eink, NxtPaper11
Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
Oh, horrors! I have to connect my Sage to charge more often than most of my ereader collection. I think of it as giving my Sage something to do while I sleep for an hour.
Or maybe doze for 45 minutes, or even read with the 2m ling USB cable while charging.

My Sage is my favourite. Temped to buy another soon, will do so if any rumour of it being "replaced" by something inferior.
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 04:24 PM   #22
Aleron Ives
Wizard
Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by beespeckled View Post
The optimism of my last post has been squashed. The One never advanced past about a 15% charge then degraded as the evening wore on.
Have you considered buying a replacement battery instead of a new device? You may yet be able to resurrect your Aura if you're willing to open it.
Aleron Ives is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 09:08 PM   #23
beespeckled
Groupie
beespeckled My eyes! My eyes! The light is just too bright!beespeckled My eyes! My eyes! The light is just too bright!beespeckled My eyes! My eyes! The light is just too bright!beespeckled My eyes! My eyes! The light is just too bright!beespeckled My eyes! My eyes! The light is just too bright!beespeckled My eyes! My eyes! The light is just too bright!beespeckled My eyes! My eyes! The light is just too bright!beespeckled My eyes! My eyes! The light is just too bright!beespeckled My eyes! My eyes! The light is just too bright!beespeckled My eyes! My eyes! The light is just too bright!beespeckled My eyes! My eyes! The light is just too bright!

Device: KOBO Aura One; Kindle Oasis 3
Replacement Battery?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aleron Ives View Post
Have you considered buying a replacement battery instead of a new device? You may yet be able to resurrect your Aura if you're willing to open it.
I think it is the charging port that is the problem. The battery I think is fine because I could go 2-3 weeks depending on how much I was reading between charges up until about April of this year, when I noticed I was having problems getting it to connect.

There is no obvious seam to separate insert a micro usb port either, I think the danger would be ruining the screen just trying to take it apart.

Last edited by beespeckled; Yesterday at 09:12 PM. Reason: added information
beespeckled is online now   Reply With Quote