Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Conversion

Notices

Old Today, 02:27 AM   #1
VeryWellAged
Eye pea vee for master
VeryWellAged is a rising star in the heavensVeryWellAged is a rising star in the heavensVeryWellAged is a rising star in the heavensVeryWellAged is a rising star in the heavensVeryWellAged is a rising star in the heavensVeryWellAged is a rising star in the heavensVeryWellAged is a rising star in the heavensVeryWellAged is a rising star in the heavensVeryWellAged is a rising star in the heavensVeryWellAged is a rising star in the heavensVeryWellAged is a rising star in the heavens

Device: Android tablets, Android phones and PC's both Windows and Linux.
How to NOT have a TOC in the conversion

I have a DOCX document that does NOT have chapter headings. There should be no TOC, but Calibre is seeing the footnotes and creating a false TOC with them. I need to not have that happen.

I have tried to fix it within the Preferences/Conversion/Common Options/TOC but nothing I try in that makes any difference.
VeryWellAged is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 02:56 AM   #2
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
If the footnote styling in the DOCX is a match to what's you have in Preferences->Conversion->Common options->Structure Detection->Detect chapters at (XPath expression) that could trigger a ToC entry

Quote:
An XPath expression to detect chapter titles. The default is to consider <hi > or <h2> tags that contain the words "chapter", "bode, "section", "prologue", "epilogue" or "part" as chapter titles as well as any tags that have class="chapter". The expression used must evaluate to a list of elements. To disable chapter detection, use the expression "/". See the XPath Tutorial in the calibre User Manual for further help on using this feature.
BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 03:20 AM   #3
VeryWellAged
Eye pea vee for master
VeryWellAged is a rising star in the heavensVeryWellAged is a rising star in the heavensVeryWellAged is a rising star in the heavensVeryWellAged is a rising star in the heavensVeryWellAged is a rising star in the heavensVeryWellAged is a rising star in the heavensVeryWellAged is a rising star in the heavensVeryWellAged is a rising star in the heavensVeryWellAged is a rising star in the heavensVeryWellAged is a rising star in the heavensVeryWellAged is a rising star in the heavens

Fascinating but what part of this does the / come in? Or do I erase all of it and substitute the /

//*[((name()='h1' or name()='h2') and re:test(., '\s*((chapter|book|section|part)\s+)|((prolog|prol ogue|epilogue)(\s+|$))', 'i')) or @class = 'chapter']

Well, anyway I tried removing all and replacing with "/" and it didn't remove the TOC.

Last edited by VeryWellAged; Today at 03:29 AM.
Old Today, 07:27 AM   #4
VeryWellAged
Eye pea vee for master

I gave up trying to fix this. Instead I put a hidden header of single "." in the original document and it now creates a essentially empty ToC. I hate hacking a document to deal with converter, but at least it works.

There are times code can be "smarter" by half and can cause problems. There needs to be a simple check box that says: "Do NOT create a ToC."

Tags
toc creation, toc problem