Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old Yesterday, 09:47 PM   #1
Tracy
Tracy began at the beginning.

Device: ibooks
Calibre is using cover image as chapter image

If I upload a cover image, the chapter one image is also replaced with the cover image that I uploaded. It will then delete the page break between the front matter and the first, then all the page breaks from that point are messed up.
If I don't upload a cover image, it uses the chapter one image as the cover image.
I am using an odt file, but if I save that file as a docx or rtf, what I get after the conversion is worse.
The last book I created using calibri also included chapter title images and various images throughout the book. I didn't have this problem.
Using the latest Calibri download.
Why is it seeing Chapter one and the cover source as the same thing?
Tracy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 09:54 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
There is no concept of cover images in ODT files. So calibre will assume the first image is the cover using some heuristics. Simply insert a page with a dummy cover image at the start of your ODT file.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
chapter title, cover image, images, images repeated