Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 06-25-2024, 09:50 PM   #1156
geek1011
Wizard
geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Mini, Aura Edition 2 v1, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by BionicGecko View Post
I figured it out, and for the other curious people with one of the new devices in their hands, I created an unofficial release package with the updated patches. I attach it here; geek1011 or the other devs, if you disagree with me posting this here, please revert, I will delete it ASAP.
Haven't looked at the package closely, but I noticed you put it together by hand over the span of a few hours (smh... I automated it for a reason lol). The binaries are good, so your package should be fine for people to use (I haven't looked at the patch files though).

Anyways, here's a compiled package done the proper way (go run ./scripts/build/build.go 4.39.22801).
Attached Files
File Type: zip UNTESTED_UNRELEASED_kobopatch_4.39.22801.zip (7.29 MB, 13 views)
geek1011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2024, 01:26 AM   #1157
BionicGecko
Addict
BionicGecko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BionicGecko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BionicGecko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BionicGecko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BionicGecko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BionicGecko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BionicGecko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BionicGecko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BionicGecko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BionicGecko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BionicGecko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Voyage, Oasis, Scribe, Libra Colour
Quote:
Originally Posted by geek1011 View Post
Haven't looked at the package closely, but I noticed you put it together by hand over the span of a few hours (smh... I automated it for a reason lol).
It was the first time I installed patches so I was just feeling my way around to be honest; I did see the build.go script but I haven’t got golang installed and couldn’t really be bothered just for this, so I just combined the patch files and hacked something together that reproduced the structure of the releases.

Quote:
Originally Posted by geek1011 View Post
Anyways, here's a compiled package done the proper way (go run ./scripts/build/build.go 4.39.22801).
Many thanks for this!
BionicGecko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 03:42 PM   #1158
jaydee34983
jaydee34983 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Libra Colour
Thanks all. I was able to install several of the Kobo Libra Colour patches, at least one of which, was not compliant with the Kobo Libra 2 patchwork.

Thanks for the hard work!
jaydee34983 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
kobopatch, patches, patching, request, requests