Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 08-27-2024, 09:27 AM   #1
friedmandu
friedmandu began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo
Kobo Libra 2 frozen on update screen. Please help!

Hi Everyone,

First, I went through everything to revive this thing after thorough research.

Now, as a last resort, I've done the re-imaging following the steps from: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=209122

So, I've tried both images very kindly provided by DNSB, flashed to a 32gb micro sd card (I suspect Libra 2 is a revision E, but not sure).

Neither works.

Could it be because the device is somehow holding that frozen update screen predicament in some kind of bios or firmware chip?

I've tried the reset methods (exhaustively!) with each of the new images installed, to no avail.

Any ideas? Maybe if the battery completely drains, the device will let go of whatever is keeping it frozen, and then it can be recharged it again and given another go?

It seems I'm not the first to have this exact problem, but it also appears that no solution has been found either. Perhaps, until now?

Anyone?
friedmandu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2024, 10:25 AM   #2
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Libra Colour, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
The screen on an eInk device is bistable. Once it is written, it will stay written without needing any power. So unlike most other devices, the eInk screen is not an indicator of power. You could remove the battery and the screen would stay on whatever it is showing. To change the screen, it would need to be rewritten. A couple of possibilities are that stage in the boot process is not being reached or the motherboard cable to the display is having issues.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 08:18 AM   #3
friedmandu
friedmandu began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo
Thanks for the clarification on how the screen is not dependent on any source of power.

Looks like something is blocked in the boot process.
friedmandu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 11:59 AM   #4
meeera
Grand Sorcerer
meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, iPadMini4, iPad4, MBP; support other Kobo/Kindles
Quote:
Originally Posted by friedmandu View Post

Could it be because the device is somehow holding that frozen update screen predicament in some kind of bios or firmware chip?
Could you post a photo of the screen please?
meeera is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bricked, frozen screen, image file, libra 2, update