Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 06-21-2024, 02:47 PM   #121
ihazcat
ihazcat began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Clara Colour
in general is it possible to translate kobo UI language?
ihazcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2024, 05:21 PM   #122
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
Does https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=261771 help?

Sent from my Pixel 7a using Tapatalk
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2024, 06:30 AM   #123
ihazcat

@PeterT sadly no.. looks totally outdated and dead. the first post was not so clear but the following comments revealed the method. the problem is that the scripts are old. so i have no clue how to extract the source language file from the binary.
Old 06-22-2024, 09:37 AM   #124
geek1011
Wizard
geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Mini, Aura Edition 2 v1, Clara HD
krc.storage.pgaskin.net has the translations, and KoboPatch can generate a KoboRoot.tgz.
geek1011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2024, 05:18 PM   #125
ihazcat

nice. thank you. finally some SAUCES. i'm pretty new and however i already met with kobopatch it is not clear how can i add a custom language file. i read here several threads/articles. not sure what is the actual latest method. what i understood that the file can be added as an update inside of a tgz disk image. are there any updated guide i can use?
Old 06-22-2024, 07:42 PM   #126
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Libra Colour, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Not sure there is much of a guide other than the bit in kobopatch.yaml:

Code:
## TRANSLATIONS ##
# Optional, use only if lrelease is not in PATH and if translations are needed
# lrelease: /path/to/lrelease

# Uncomment the following to add translations (replace lc with the language code)
# translations:
#   src/whatever.ts: usr/local/Kobo/translations/trans_lc.qm
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2024, 03:29 PM   #127
ihazcat

Quote:
Originally Posted by geek1011 View Post
krc.storage.pgaskin.net has the translations, and KoboPatch can generate a KoboRoot.tgz.
could you please clarify the process? as i understand kobopatch does not support the latest firmware. not sure how to apply the patch.