Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old Yesterday, 03:37 PM   #3106
abbynormal52
Groupie
abbynormal52 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.abbynormal52 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.abbynormal52 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.abbynormal52 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.abbynormal52 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.abbynormal52 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.abbynormal52 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.abbynormal52 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.abbynormal52 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.abbynormal52 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.abbynormal52 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Fire Tablet 7"
100% free audiobooks of classics like The Secret Garden?

I have searched for the last hour for audiobooks I can download and listen to for free. Even my Kindle Unlimited I already pay for, charges if I want to listen to an audiobook. I tried the library but I don't know what books, I want to find a site that lists "bedtime" reading as I have horrible anxiety and need something comforting to listen to.

Many voices are like finger-nails on a chalkboard, so has anyone found good ole classic audiobooks that are wonderful to listen to, and Android is what I need. I don't know if my old Kindle would support my bluetooth speaker very well, but my phone works great with bluetooth. I also have tinnitus so I have to be able to turn up the sound as needed to drown out ringing in my ears.

Thanks, really hoping for some help here, free apps only please. If I have to pay for every book, may as well pay Kindle Unlimited but I'd really like to ditch that.
abbynormal52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 03:47 PM   #3107
hildea
Wizard
hildea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hildea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hildea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hildea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hildea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hildea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hildea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hildea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hildea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hildea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hildea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook Touch Lux (had Onyx Boox Poke 3 and BeBook Neo earlier)
Quote:
Originally Posted by abbynormal52 View Post
I have searched for the last hour for audiobooks I can download and listen to for free. Even my Kindle Unlimited I already pay for, charges if I want to listen to an audiobook. I tried the library but I don't know what books, I want to find a site that lists "bedtime" reading as I have horrible anxiety and need something comforting to listen to.

Many voices are like finger-nails on a chalkboard, so has anyone found good ole classic audiobooks that are wonderful to listen to, and Android is what I need. I don't know if my old Kindle would support my bluetooth speaker very well, but my phone works great with bluetooth. I also have tinnitus so I have to be able to turn up the sound as needed to drown out ringing in my ears.

Thanks, really hoping for some help here, free apps only please. If I have to pay for every book, may as well pay Kindle Unlimited but I'd really like to ditch that.
Librivox.org has free audiobooks of books which are in the public domain, read by volunteers. They have several recordings of The Secret Garden:
https://librivox.org/search?q=Secret..._form=advanced
hildea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 03:51 PM   #3108
abbynormal52
Groupie
abbynormal52 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.abbynormal52 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.abbynormal52 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.abbynormal52 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.abbynormal52 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.abbynormal52 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.abbynormal52 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.abbynormal52 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.abbynormal52 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.abbynormal52 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.abbynormal52 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hildea View Post
Librivox.org has free audiobooks of books which are in the public domain, read by volunteers. They have several recordings of The Secret Garden:
Hi hildea, thank you so much for writing. I saw this somewhere and will look at your link. I'll let you know how I do. denise
Old Yesterday, 03:55 PM   #3109
abbynormal52
Groupie

Quote:
Originally Posted by hildea View Post
I'm sure you'll believe this, but when I go to install the app, I see I also have to pay Amazon I guess they have taken over even public domain book
Old Yesterday, 04:21 PM   #3110
abbynormal52
Groupie

Ok, I made a mistake somehow, but I got the right app downloaded for librivox and tried a book on my Android, works perfect, but I did pay the small amount for the app so no ads Thanks so much, I think this is exactly what I was looking for denise
Old Yesterday, 04:29 PM   #3111
Deskisamess
Wizard
Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 7+, iPad mini, 2021 iPad Pro 12.9",Paperwhite 6.8"
One of my favorite readers on Librivox is Elizabeth Klett.
Deskisamess is offline   Reply With Quote