Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old Today, 12:31 PM   #7741
sufue
lost in my e-reader...
sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Android phone, Sony T1, Nook ST Glowlight, Galaxy Tab 7 Plus
Joffe's Free Friday mystery this week is Murder among the Roses, which is the first in the Maybridge Murder series by Liz Fielding.

Kindle US: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0BZJJLRLC
Kindle UK: https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0BZJJLRLC

Spoiler:
Quote:
MEET ABBY FINCH. SHE’S THE BUSY MUM OF THREE, AN EXPERT GARDENER AND THE STAR OF YOUR NEW FAVOURITE COZY MURDER MYSTERY.

In the peaceful Cotswolds village of Maybridge, you wouldn’t expect to find a dead body in the rose garden. And certainly not two.

Abby is horrified to discover the bones of a baby buried under a rose bush. It’s in the garden of her soon-to-be ex-husband Howard’s family home.

She immediately calls the police. But she can’t get hold of Howard. He’s off on a jolly with the woman he’s got pregnant.

And then, just two days later, Abby finds Howard himself.
Lying dead in the very same rose garden.
Throat slashed with her own garden spade.

Now Abby is the prime suspect . . .

The other freebies this week are a romance, and a WWII thriller, posted in their appropriate threads.
sufue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 12:33 PM   #7742
issybird
o saeclum infacetum
issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: H2O, Aura One, PW5
Quote:
Originally Posted by sufue View Post
I'm now about half-way through, and it's definitely a mystery and not a rom-com, in spite of what the cover looks like. So I'm glad I didn't cross-post it. I haven't decided yet if I like it - I like some parts a lot, and others less so. It may depend on how it ends...
The price is now $17.99, which is ridiculous. What's the point? I can't imagine there are any sales at all at that price point. I suppose the actual point is to set people up so they leap on the next price drop, but it still seems ridiculous.

I've read the blurb and a few reviews and it sounds to me as if overall it hews too closely to the source history. I personally tend to find that kind of pastiche to be tedious; I'd rather the author use it as a jumping-off point.
issybird is offline   Reply With Quote