Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 04-29-2024, 12:21 PM   #91
thiago.eec
Guru
thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by capink View Post
I uploaded a new version that should fix both issues. Please try and report back.
All good now. Thanks.
thiago.eec is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 07:55 PM   #92
zencricket
zencricket began at the beginning.

Device: kindle paperwhite
Thank you, @capink, for your plugins.

I have some editor chain actions defined and working from the editor, but when I try to get them to run from the action chain plugin nothing happens.

I did get one action to work by defining a new editor chain action in the action chain UI, but nothing happens if I use an event to trigger it. The new editor chain action also does not show up in the editor chain plugin. I don't want to have to maintain two separate definitions.

I just started using the plugins today, so I'm pretty sure I'm doing something wrong.

Using Calibre 7.13 on an M1 MacBook Air.
zencricket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 03:22 AM   #93
capink
Wizard
capink ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.capink ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.capink ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.capink ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.capink ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.capink ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.capink ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.capink ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.capink ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.capink ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.capink ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by zencricket View Post
I have some editor chain actions defined and working from the editor, but when I try to get them to run from the action chain plugin nothing happens.
Not all editor chains can be run from action chains. This depends on the actions as well as the settings of individual actions. This happens mainly when an action depends on elements of Editor GUI which won't be available when run from Action Chains.

For example, a chain containing an action like "Mark Cursor Tag" will not run at all because that action always depends on elements of the editor GUI, which are not available in Action Chains.

Another example of this, is an action (e.g. Search And Replace), configured with a scope that depends on the editor GUI, e.g. "current file" or "selected files". You can run the same action from Action Chains with a scope that does not depend on the Editor's GUI, e.g. "text files"

Quote:
I did get one action to work by defining a new editor chain action in the action chain UI, but nothing happens if I use an event to trigger it.
Run calibre in debug mode and post the output.
Quote:
The new editor chain action also does not show up in the editor chain plugin. I don't want to have to maintain two separate definitions.
If you want to have only one version, you must define it in the editor. Editor Chains cannot be aware of chains defined outside it.

Last edited by capink; Today at 03:53 AM.
capink is offline   Reply With Quote