Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old Today, 02:19 AM   #1
Denodan1
Enthusiast
Denodan1 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3
Winter be buying books on kobo store, here is why.......

Was looking at books on the Kobo store and Amazon store, and the series of books I want are 2x more expensive here than Amazon. So cheaper to buy them on Amazon then convert them to my kobo clara
Denodan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 05:32 AM   #2
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Denodan1 View Post
Was looking at books on the Kobo store and Amazon store, and the series of books I want are 2x more expensive here than Amazon. So cheaper to buy them on Amazon then convert them to my kobo clara
You can price match Kobo with Amazon.

The other thing you can do is travel with Kobo travel and go to someplace like India where if the book is available, you may be able to get it cheaper then Amazon.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 06:26 AM   #3
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All 4 Kinds: epub eink, Kindle, android eink, NxtPaper11
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
You can price match Kobo with Amazon.
a) I can't find that.
b) it sounds like an awkward process, reading it here.
c) Often Kobo hasn't got it.
d) "Travelling" seems to have stopped working, so only Irish Kobo Store works, which is euro (Amazon expects Ireland to use US or UK, but the US prices & availability now seem to be just USD equivalents of UK store).

I use Amazon, Kobo, Smashwords and others.
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote