Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Server

Notices

Old Yesterday, 09:15 PM   #1
Whalehead
Whalehead began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Scribe
Docker container - need to access other volumes

I've installed Calibre in a docker container. It wants to look for my eBooks in /config/Calibre... but all of my eBooks (60GB) are on a share on /volume2/eBooks. How can I make Calibre/docker access my other volume? I did not allocate 'data' space on volume1 - only apps!

Thanks!
Whalehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 11:01 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
If you want to specify a path to a library use the command line arguments. If you want to control locations of various other directories use the environmnet variables documented in the manual. https://manual.calibre-ebook.com/cus...ment-variables
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 11:35 PM   #3
Whalehead
Whalehead began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Scribe
Thanks for the quick response. I will look at environment variables, but I think all I need is just the location of my ebook library. I don't know how to give a docker container 'command line arguments' - so I'll have to figure that out.

Thanks!
Whalehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 11:38 PM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
My advice would be to ditch docker, it provides nothing useful and just complicates your life. calibre binaries are already largely self contained, there is zero reason to dockerize them.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote