Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old Today, 01:57 PM   #1
HogDrvr
Connoisseur
HogDrvr began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Unable to Search Within Books

I have a new, latest gen Paperwhite and I am unable to search for text within any books. I highlight a word in the book and choose Search and it comes up with zero results. I've tried searching for "The" and it finds zero results. I have tried with multiple books and all tell me zero results for known words. I have tried side loaded books as well as purchased Kindle books. I have reset the device but still no search. The books I assume are indexed as I don't get the "not yet indexed" warning that I do on some of the books.

Firmware: 5.16.9
HogDrvr is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 05:18 PM   #2
HogDrvr
Connoisseur

Solved (somewhat)
Resetting the device did not make a difference. I had to factory reset the device before it would start searching again. What a pain!
Old Today, 05:29 PM   #3
j.p.s
Grand Sorcerer
j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: pb360
Kindles do not have factory reset. There is reset, which removes all user settings, content, and associated databases. And there is restart, which is a reboot.
j.p.s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 05:47 PM   #4
HogDrvr
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by j.p.s View Post
Kindles do not have factory reset. There is reset, which removes all user settings, content, and associated databases. And there is restart, which is a reboot.
Then why is it labeled "Factory Reset" in Settings>Device Options?