Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old Today, 09:37 AM   #1
TheRealJohnAdams
Enthusiast
TheRealJohnAdams has never been to obedience school.TheRealJohnAdams has never been to obedience school.TheRealJohnAdams has never been to obedience school.TheRealJohnAdams has never been to obedience school.TheRealJohnAdams has never been to obedience school.TheRealJohnAdams has never been to obedience school.TheRealJohnAdams has never been to obedience school.TheRealJohnAdams has never been to obedience school.TheRealJohnAdams has never been to obedience school.TheRealJohnAdams has never been to obedience school.TheRealJohnAdams has never been to obedience school.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Kobo Forma, Onyx Page
What is the best way to transfer apps, app settings, etc. from my Page to my new Go7?

I recently spent a fair bit of time getting my Page set up the way I like it. I did not document the steps I took because I foolishly assumed it would be years before I switched devices and that my preferences/apps would be different by then.

Now I have bought a Go7, which will arrive tomorrow. I would like to migrate absolutely everything from the Page to the Go7. The things I would like to migrate include:
  • Boox system settings (e.g. gestures, navball)
  • Boox app-specific settings (e.g. screen refresh settings)
  • Play Store apps and app settings (e.g. OLauncher)
  • Non–Play Store apps and app settings (e.g. TachiyomiJ2k, KoReader, a custom signed version of Calibre Companion.

I do not have root, and I understand that obtaining root on the Go7 is still challenging. I've posted about this on the Boox reddit and so far have had no response. Any help is appreciated.
TheRealJohnAdams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 01:39 PM   #2
Renate
Wizard
Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook NST, Glow2, 3, 4, '21, Kobo Aura2, Poke3, Poke5
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealJohnAdams View Post
I understand that obtaining root on the Go7 is still challenging.
Nope, it should be a piece of pie. Or cake?
Renate is online now   Reply With Quote