Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 08-17-2024, 09:57 AM   #1366
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by foosion View Post
That works!

I'd thought to use Reading List's Sync Now with Action Chains, but reportedly that doesn't work consistently.

SmartEject with the modification for running Sync Now before ejecting also works and lets you do it with one click (or keyboard shortcut).
This Action Chains solution has one advantage over using Smart Eject: the tag/column is set immediately when a book is sent, not when the device is ejected. This could matter if you do any processing after sending to the device but before ejecting the device.

It is also faster because nothing happens when the device is ejected vs Smart Eject's searches and RL's sync, but I don't know if this is significant.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 09:47 AM   #1367
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
RL does this on connection. The issue is books added when connected. SmarteEject will now sync before ejecting, so it picks up the books added.
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...&postcount=103

Otherwise, you have to plug/unplug or run a NickelMenu function or action chains as suggested above.
But you have to plug/unplug to add the missing metadata so there's no need to sync when ejecting as the sync will run when you connect the second time.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 10:58 AM   #1368
foosion
Groupie
foosion is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.foosion is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.foosion is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.foosion is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.foosion is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.foosion is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.foosion is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.foosion is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.foosion is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.foosion is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.foosion is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Device: Kobo Libra 2 & Clara BW
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
But you have to plug/unplug to add the missing metadata so there's no need to sync when ejecting as the sync will run when you connect the second time.
I don't want to have to re-connect whenever I add books. Between the modified SmartEject (or an action chain with send to device and single edit) and NickelSeries I get all I really want on one connect.
foosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 01:32 PM   #1369
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
I don't want to have to re-connect whenever I add books. Between the modified SmartEject (or an action chain with send to device and single edit) and NickelSeries I get all I really want on one connect.
How do you get the missing metadata on only one connect? You don't get the blurb. You don't get page numbers. You don't get reading time. You don't get subtitles.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 02:35 PM   #1370
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara/Aura One/Forma,XiaoMI 5, iPad, Huawei MediaPad, YotaPhone 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
How do you get the missing metadata on only one connect? You don't get the blurb. You don't get page numbers. You don't get reading time. You don't get subtitles.
And why are you asuming that he needs it?
Terisa de morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 04:07 PM   #1371
foosion
Groupie
foosion is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.foosion is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.foosion is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.foosion is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.foosion is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.foosion is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.foosion is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.foosion is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.foosion is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.foosion is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.foosion is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Device: Kobo Libra 2 & Clara BW
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terisa de morgan View Post
And why are you asuming that he needs it?
Good question.

FWIW, I have no interest in a blurb, especially on device. I've turned off adobe page numbers but do get the number of kepub screens. The device appears to provide reading time, both when pressing the bar chart icon you can get at top of page and when sleeping. I'm not sure what subtitles means for a book, but NickelSeries parses subtitle metadata.
foosion is offline   Reply With Quote