Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old Today, 03:01 PM   #1
NoobieDoobie
NoobieDoobie began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Issues extending volume from SD card reimage

I just received my Kobo Libra 2. I immediately opened it up, removed the SD card, and created an image of the SD card using Win32DiskImager. I pushed the image to my 256Gb SD card using Win32DI. However, now the card has a 32Gb image and 200+Gb of unformatted storage. I am unable to extend the volume. Do I create a separate volume or is there some step I am missing? Thanks!
NoobieDoobie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 03:11 PM   #2
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Libra H2O, Libra Colour
Rather than using the Microsoft tool I'd suggest one of the 3rd party windows tools such as Easus Partition Manager.

Sent from my Pixel 7a using Tapatalk
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 03:16 PM   #3
NoobieDoobie
NoobieDoobie began at the beginning.

I just realized the format is FAT32 so it is limited to 32Gb. Is there a way to backup/create image of the device in another format so I can extend the volume?
NoobieDoobie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 05:05 PM   #4
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Libra Colour, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Sorry but where do you get that number from? A bog standard Microsoft FAT32 volume is uses a 32-bit field for the sector count which limits the maximum FAT32 volume size to 2 terabytes with a sector size of 512 bytes. If you change the sector size to 4,096 bytes you can create a 16 TB volume though that is likely to have issues with some programs.

I would suggest using Virtual Console's Flash Drive Image Creator and Flash Drive Image Writer to create and write the image and MiniTool Partition Wizard Free to extend the partition.

Last edited by DNSB; Today at 05:07 PM.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 05:48 PM   #5
Aleron Ives
Wizard
Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
Sorry but where do you get that number from?
IIRC Microsoft wanted to promote exFAT, so it purposely crippled the removable drive formatting tool to forbid the use of FAT32 on volumes > 32 GB, even though FAT32 works just fine. As a result, you must use a third-party tool to format SDXC drives on Windows.
Aleron Ives is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 06:04 PM   #6
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoobieDoobie View Post
I just received my Kobo Libra 2. I immediately opened it up, removed the SD card, and created an image of the SD card using Win32DiskImager. I pushed the image to my 256Gb SD card using Win32DI. However, now the card has a 32Gb image and 200+Gb of unformatted storage. I am unable to extend the volume. Do I create a separate volume or is there some step I am missing? Thanks!
Just to let you know, you have voided your warranty.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote