Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old Today, 11:57 AM   #1
Bobs
Bobs began at the beginning.

Device: MacBook (Sonoma)
Library location in MacBook (Sonoma)

Hi everyone. New to the forum here, and struggling with a Mac installation. I have used Calibre many years ago on a Windows device, but am now using a MacBook.
I have installed Calibre with default settings, and get a message telling me that "Your calibre library is currently located at /Users/myname/Calibre Library" and I appear to be prompted to enter a new location. The message indicates that putting the calibre on a networked drive is not safe, and I seem to be invited to place it elsewhere.
Having looked at my chosen location (which seems to be calibre's suggested location) this folder is not networked, and I am not sure that I understand the error message.
I have just deleted calibre and re0installed, and the same thing is happening.
I don't understand what I am doing wrong here. Where do I need to move the library to?
Your assistance would be appreciated, thanks.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Calibre Library Location.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	123.9 KB
ID:	210429  
Bobs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 12:10 PM   #2
gbm
Wizard
gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD,Hisence Sero 7 Pro RIP, Nook STR, jetbook lite
Just click OK, not really a error message just giving you a chance to move your library to the location of your chose upon setup.

bernie
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobs View Post
Hi everyone. New to the forum here, and struggling with a Mac installation. I have used Calibre many years ago on a Windows device, but am now using a MacBook.
I have installed Calibre with default settings, and get a message telling me that "Your calibre library is currently located at /Users/myname/Calibre Library" and I appear to be prompted to enter a new location. The message indicates that putting the calibre on a networked drive is not safe, and I seem to be invited to place it elsewhere.
Having looked at my chosen location (which seems to be calibre's suggested location) this folder is not networked, and I am not sure that I understand the error message.
I have just deleted calibre and re0installed, and the same thing is happening.
I don't understand what I am doing wrong here. Where do I need to move the library to?
Your assistance would be appreciated, thanks.
gbm is offline   Reply With Quote