Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old Yesterday, 09:32 PM   #46
tomsem
Grand Sorcerer
tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 15PM, Kindle Scribe, iPad mini 6, PocketBook InkPad Color 3
I had been using 'download & transfer via USB' method (and will continue to) but that does not work for print replica titles, so I finally got around to setting things up using Kindle Classic.

With a few exceptions, most publishers have not gotten around to (or no interest in) adding Scribe to list of supported devices, so not only can I now add them to my calibre library and covert to PDF (with latest update to KFX input, PDF outline items are getting added from the source KFX), but I can take the KFX and side load it to the Scribe. It syncs with my library, downloads a thumbnail image and annotations made elsewhere, just as if I had done a direct download.

I probably had less than a dozen titles in this format, but it just feels nice to be able to do what I expected Scribe to do when I first got one and learned that it had print replica support.

Last edited by tomsem; Yesterday at 09:46 PM.
tomsem is offline   Reply With Quote