Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK

Notices

Old Yesterday, 01:29 PM   #61
rcentros
eReader Wrangler
rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB HD3, GL3, Tolino Vision 4, Voyage, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirtel View Post
I don't see any space between N and o in your post.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quoth View Post
I thought perhaps a special space accidentally entered, because I was able to delete it in post edit, but comes back on Preview
That's what would happen to me. There must be some hidden character there. I just copied the directory in the Windows file manger. Let me see if I can do it from Linux instead...

C:\Users\MyUserName\AppData\Local\Packages\BarnesN oble.Nook_ahnzqzva31enc\LocalState

Nope. Didn't change anything (I had to change the direction of all the slashes anyhow.) Let's see if it works if I keep it the way I see it in Linux...

media/MyLinuxUserName/Windows/Users/MyUserName/AppData/Local/Packages/BarnesNoble.Nook_ahnzqzva31enc/LocalState

That somehow works. Maybe it has something with the direction of the slashes? Some kind of markup code?

Last edited by rcentros; Yesterday at 01:31 PM.
rcentros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 07:02 PM   #62
pypeke
Enthusiast
pypeke began at the beginning.

Device: Nook HD+
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcentros View Post
No, you can download them via the Nook for Windows app (the application you used to be able to get in the Windows Store). I thought you had downloaded and successfully installed that program in Windows? If not, I think you can still get it and install it (via the link shown in this thread, or maybe another thread).

Once downloaded, you can read them into Calibre and DeDRM them so they can be read with your Kobo eReader. No Nook device is needed to do this.

Once you feed them into Calibre and DeDRM them, you can read them in any E-Ink eReader — Kobo included.

What I mean when I say you can download the Nook books is that you first download them via the Nook for Windows app to your PC (no Nook device needed for this). Once you have the files downloaded to your PC, you can set up DeDRM in Calibre to clear the DRM and read them on any eReader. The only thing you have to do is find the files on the PC, which is why I passed along my sample directory where my Nook ePub files are saved on my computer. Yours will not be exactly the same, but if you download your books via the app, they'll be somewhere similar on your computer.

No, I have all my Nook books saved and backed up in Calibre (not nearly as many as you have). I downloaded all of them and DeDRM'd them in Calibre. I can read these books I purchased from B&N on a Kobo, Sony, Tolino, PocketBook, EZReader or JetBook — and if I convert them to AZW format I can read them on a Kindle.

There are other threads that explain how to do this in more detail. But it can be done. (Unless you can no longer create the needed decryption Hash in the DeDRM Calibre plugin. But I think it can still be done. If I'm wrong someone will probably correct me.)

I connected the Nooks to Calibre, and it is in USB mode. B&N has effectively stopped my Nook. When I go into the Nook D: drive, there is nothing there.

c:/user>my name>Program files> Windows apps>Nook. I can see the files that run the Nook app, but no library. PC is showing hidden files.

I think the Nook App that I downloaded from Adguard was the wrong one. It is not the one I need. I can download my book on the Nook PC App and read them, but cannot see any files on my PC.

I thought I had the Nook App because I found some of my Nook book files that had been changed to EPUB. I do not remember doing that. But, the app seems to be gone from my PC.
pypeke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 10:34 PM   #63
pypeke
Enthusiast
pypeke began at the beginning.

Device: Nook HD+
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcentros View Post
No, you can download them via the Nook for Windows app (the application you used to be able to get in the Windows Store). I thought you had downloaded and successfully installed that program in Windows? If not, I think you can still get it and install it (via the link shown in this thread, or maybe another thread).

Once downloaded, you can read them into Calibre and DeDRM them so they can be read with your Kobo eReader. No Nook device is needed to do this.

Once you feed them into Calibre and DeDRM them, you can read them in any E-Ink eReader — Kobo included.

What I mean when I say you can download the Nook books is that you first download them via the Nook for Windows app to your PC (no Nook device needed for this). Once you have the files downloaded to your PC, you can set up DeDRM in Calibre to clear the DRM and read them on any eReader. The only thing you have to do is find the files on the PC, which is why I passed along my sample directory where my Nook ePub files are saved on my computer. Yours will not be exactly the same, but if you download your books via the app, they'll be somewhere similar on your computer.

No, I have all my Nook books saved and backed up in Calibre (not nearly as many as you have). I downloaded all of them and DeDRM'd them in Calibre. I can read these books I purchased from B&N on a Kobo, Sony, Tolino, PocketBook, EZReader or JetBook — and if I convert them to AZW format I can read them on a Kindle.

There are other threads that explain how to do this in more detail. But it can be done. (Unless you can no longer create the needed decryption Hash in the DeDRM Calibre plugin. But I think it can still be done. If I'm wrong someone will probably correct me.)

Thank you. I went back and reread what you had typed. I had gone into the wrong app data. After rereading, it worked! So the App was the correct ome.

C:User>name>appdata>local>Packages>BarnesNoble.Noo k_ahnzqzva31enc>LocalState

And all books have numbers. Mine had 12 numbers. I clicked on each one, and it went into Calibre.

I found 986 out of the 1226 books. Now, to find the other 240 books. At least I found 986 of them.

Thank you so much for your help! 1200+ books was a lot of money to lose.

I am getting a new computer this week with Windows 11, so I hope the Nook App works on Windows 11.
pypeke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 06:19 AM   #64
Sirtel
Grand Sorcerer
Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage & Libra 2
Make sure the DRM has been removed from those Nook books, else they can't be read on anything. DRM is removed when importing, so if you have a book with intact DRM in Calibre, it can't be deDRMed later - it must be deleted and imported again. (You may already know this, of course - I mentioned it just in case you don't.)
Sirtel is offline   Reply With Quote