Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old Yesterday, 11:58 PM   #61
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Libra Colour, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Not sure is this may be relevant but when I have Sigil in a window, the error popup pops up and the main Sigil window does not show up until I close the popup. In full screen, both show up as near as simultaneous as my eyes can see with a blank epub in the main window. Looking back a couple of messages, this seems to match up with what KevinH wrote.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 11:58 PM   #62
mrprobert
Enthusiast
mrprobert began at the beginning.

Device: None
WinDbg says the problem causing my crash is an invalid pointer in Qt6Core!QBitArray.
Attached Files
File Type: zip dmplog.zip (4.0 KB, 6 views)
mrprobert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 02:19 AM   #63
BeckyEbook
Guru
BeckyEbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeckyEbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeckyEbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeckyEbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeckyEbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeckyEbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeckyEbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeckyEbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeckyEbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeckyEbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeckyEbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
I built Sigil with the last commit and I see that it is OK.

It also handles other files that were causing a crash when calling the epub file directly (or double-clicking), such as those with errors in the container.xml or encryption.xml file.
I specifically corrupted the files and Sigil handles the exceptions very nicely. If only it is able to fix the file it does so, and if not it informs that something is wrong. It handles even if the container.xml file is completely missing.
I have a feeling that one of these cases could be solved (when an ncx file is missing, but there are entries in the opf file that identify this missing file), but I guess it's a waste of time for such a rare case.

Summary: However, creating a new file before the message is the solution. A little strange, but it works.
Thank you!

@DiapDealer: And as for the differences in Qt (I was worried about that too), I have the June 28 version from your repository, so I guess there are no differences here.

Edit: Oops. I was still supposed to test without the maximized Sigil window, but I immediately downloaded a fresh version from github and didn't check that.
But I did a test on another “faulty” files on released version 2.3.0 and indeed - when the main window is not maximized this crash problem does not occur.

Last edited by BeckyEbook; Today at 02:45 AM.
BeckyEbook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 04:54 AM   #64
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
If someone can build a Windows installer for the current version, I can try it on a Windows 10 system to see if maybe it has something to do with Windows 11. I have both 10 & 11 here.
JSWolf is online now   Reply With Quote