Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old Yesterday, 06:44 PM   #301
3QVKwyNT9hR849t7
Connoisseur
3QVKwyNT9hR849t7 has a spectacular aura about3QVKwyNT9hR849t7 has a spectacular aura about3QVKwyNT9hR849t7 has a spectacular aura about3QVKwyNT9hR849t7 has a spectacular aura about3QVKwyNT9hR849t7 has a spectacular aura about3QVKwyNT9hR849t7 has a spectacular aura about3QVKwyNT9hR849t7 has a spectacular aura about3QVKwyNT9hR849t7 has a spectacular aura about3QVKwyNT9hR849t7 has a spectacular aura about3QVKwyNT9hR849t7 has a spectacular aura about3QVKwyNT9hR849t7 has a spectacular aura about

Device: PW4 32GB (G000 T607) 5.12.3
Please add a big warning to the Kindle for PC guide that you need to run the DeDRM plugin from the same OS as you are running Kindle for PC from.

I just wasted a lot of time because the plugin could not find the relevant information as I was downloading on one machine and attempting decrypting on another.
3QVKwyNT9hR849t7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 07:59 PM   #302
maddz
Wizard
maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Icarus, iPad Mini 2, Kobo Touch, Google Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by maddz View Post
Yeah, found it. Tried the download, got the zip versions, couldn't install Bluestacks, so returned the books to Amazon. I have zero desire to read ebooks on anything but my Kobo. Unfortunately, only the first book is available on Kobo.
Figured out what I was doing wrong - you have to import the azw8 into Calibre as a zip file not as an ebook.

Can this be noted in the sticky, please?
maddz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 08:12 PM   #303
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Libra Colour, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3QVKwyNT9hR849t7 View Post
Please add a big warning to the Kindle for PC guide that you need to run the DeDRM plugin from the same OS as you are running Kindle for PC from.

I just wasted a lot of time because the plugin could not find the relevant information as I was downloading on one machine and attempting decrypting on another.
I would disagree there as I have done exactly that in the past. It does mean that I had to configure DeDRM on the machine I was downloading on and then transfer that configuration to the machine my calibre library was located on.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 09:19 PM   #304
3QVKwyNT9hR849t7
Connoisseur
3QVKwyNT9hR849t7 has a spectacular aura about3QVKwyNT9hR849t7 has a spectacular aura about3QVKwyNT9hR849t7 has a spectacular aura about3QVKwyNT9hR849t7 has a spectacular aura about3QVKwyNT9hR849t7 has a spectacular aura about3QVKwyNT9hR849t7 has a spectacular aura about3QVKwyNT9hR849t7 has a spectacular aura about3QVKwyNT9hR849t7 has a spectacular aura about3QVKwyNT9hR849t7 has a spectacular aura about3QVKwyNT9hR849t7 has a spectacular aura about3QVKwyNT9hR849t7 has a spectacular aura about

Device: PW4 32GB (G000 T607) 5.12.3
Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
I would disagree there as I have done exactly that in the past.
Not sure what the disagreement would be about then
3QVKwyNT9hR849t7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 10:59 PM   #305
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Libra Colour, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
I would disagree there as I have done exactly that in the past. It does mean that I had to configure DeDRM on the machine I was downloading on and then transfer that configuration to the machine my calibre library was located on.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3QVKwyNT9hR849t7 View Post
Not sure what the disagreement would be about then
That I have downloaded ebooks and removed DRM on them using a different computer while you stated rather emphatically that doing so did not work. There was no need to remove DRM on the same computer as the download was done on.

So I did what you seem to state was not possible. As was made clear in the second sentence of my post which seems to have slipped your mind while quoting me.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 01:47 AM   #306
odamizu
just an egg
odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, iOS
Quote:
Originally Posted by maddz View Post
Figured out what I was doing wrong - you have to import the azw8 into Calibre as a zip file not as an ebook.

Can this be noted in the sticky, please?
I don't understand. Are you using Bluestacks or Kindle for Mac 7.x?

If Bluestacks, please make your request in the Kindle for Android thread, where all the details are.

If Kindle for Mac 7.x, I don't understand where you're getting an azw8 and what zip file you're referring to.
odamizu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 02:49 AM   #307
maddz
Wizard
maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Icarus, iPad Mini 2, Kobo Touch, Google Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by odamizu View Post
I don't understand. Are you using Bluestacks or Kindle for Mac 7.x?

If Bluestacks, please make your request in the Kindle for Android thread, where all the details are.

If Kindle for Mac 7.x, I don't understand where you're getting an azw8 and what zip file you're referring to.
It's Kindle for Mac, and the downloaded Kindle azw8 file imports into Calibre as KFX.zip if you import it as an ebook. Importing it as a zip archive imports it as plain KFX which can be converted. I'll send you a screenshot of what downloads later today.

Last edited by maddz; Today at 02:53 AM.
maddz is offline   Reply With Quote