Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 09-21-2024, 12:56 PM   #46
Carolus
Carolus began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo libra 2 or paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirtel View Post
Go to the Kobo website. Log in to your account; then click My Account on the upper right corner of the page, select My Books -> Books. You should see your purchased ebooks now. Click on the three dots beneath a cover and select Download. If the book has DRM, you'll get an .acsm file; if the book has no DRM, you'll get an epub.
Many thanks Sirtel, finally I got my books!
Carolus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2024, 05:55 PM   #47
Mr Avid
Enthusiast
Mr Avid began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Oasis 3, PocketBook Era
Quote:
Originally Posted by graycyn View Post
This doesn't sound right. I have the Pocketbook Era, 64GB version, and I can flip my device to my left hand and my button orientation works the same as in my right hand: top button pages forward, bottom button pages back.
Huh, I just tested it again and you are right. That does work. I am not sure why it didn't work before. Either it was an issue that was fixed with an update or I just tested it wrong.

I did have to disable inkview_translates_buttons to get it to work in koreader.

Thanks for pointing that out!
Mr Avid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2024, 03:01 PM   #48
the4anoni
N00b here
the4anoni began at the beginning.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD 2
Pocketbook quality is really poor.
As owner of Touch HD 2:
- Software updates support was ended really soon
- poor quality microSD card as internal storage is just pure evil and anti-consumer move. On top of that if you want to revive YOUR device you need to do some hacking with random forum threads or pay Pocketbook Russia to send you new image...

I also had encountered other miscellaneous bugs with PB software (not huge deal, but this isn't how polished product looks like).
the4anoni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2024, 02:46 AM   #49
Ruff_d
Ruff_d began at the beginning.

Device: Pocketbook IC3
Quote:
What? That's a dealbreaker right there!
Of course they flip. I've just tested it again some minutes ago. Only on KOReader they don't. But that is not an official Pocketbook app.

EDIT: Oh I see, other wrote it too
Ruff_d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2024, 06:42 AM   #50
Mr Avid
Enthusiast
Mr Avid began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Oasis 3, PocketBook Era
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruff_d View Post
Of course they flip. I've just tested it again some minutes ago. Only on KOReader they don't.
I was able to get them to flip in koreader by disabling inkview_translates_buttons for my model.
Mr Avid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2024, 03:00 AM   #51
Ruff_d

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Avid View Post
I was able to get them to flip in koreader by disabling inkview_translates_buttons for my model.
Oh nice, how can I disable it?

EDIT: It works! Thanks

For everyone who wants to fix it:
Connect your Pocketbook to your Computer and open the following file:
koreader/frontend/device/pocketbook
/device.lua

Search there for your device (for me it was the era color) and the line:
inkview_translates_buttons
change from true to false
Afterwards reboot KOReader. And BÄM rotation works with the buttons as intended .

Last edited by Ruff_d; 09-24-2024 at 03:48 AM.
Old Yesterday, 03:39 AM   #52
DJUNGELSKOG
Enthusiast
DJUNGELSKOG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DJUNGELSKOG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DJUNGELSKOG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DJUNGELSKOG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DJUNGELSKOG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DJUNGELSKOG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DJUNGELSKOG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DJUNGELSKOG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DJUNGELSKOG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DJUNGELSKOG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DJUNGELSKOG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by the4anoni View Post
- poor quality microSD card as internal storage is just pure evil and anti-consumer move. On top of that if you want to revive YOUR device you need to do some hacking with random forum threads or pay Pocketbook Russia to send you new image...
^^^ this. I’ve had this problem with my old Pocketbook as well. It’s internal storage has died, and the company had the audacity of asking it’s customers to pay for the privilege of repairing their own devices!!
I’ve managed to fix mine by following the instructions on the aforementioned forums with the help of Google Translate.

Last edited by DJUNGELSKOG; Yesterday at 03:47 AM.
DJUNGELSKOG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 04:48 AM   #53
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
What? That's a dealbreaker right there!
Not at all. Not having button a highly desirable feature.
JSWolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 04:49 AM   #54
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

The deal-breaker for a a lot of Kobo uses is not being able to up the weight of side loaded fonts.
Old Yesterday, 10:54 AM   #55
Ruff_d

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
The deal-breaker for a a lot of Kobo uses is not being able to up the weight of side loaded fonts.
You can do that with KOReader. And in the next months, PB is releasing a complete new Reader App (at least that's what a PB spokesperson said on a different board).
Old Yesterday, 12:31 PM   #56
Sirtel
Grand Sorcerer
Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage & Libra 2
Quote:
You can do that with KOReader. And in the next months, PB is releasing a complete new Reader App (at least that's what a PB spokesperson said on a different board).
Not everyone wants to use KOReader, because it has its flaws.

I do hope there will be a weight adjustment option in the stock reader.
Sirtel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 07:26 AM   #57
the4anoni
N00b here
the4anoni began at the beginning.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD 2
Quote:
Not everyone wants to use KOReader, because it has its flaws.

I do hope there will be a weight adjustment option in the stock reader.
+1 to this, KoReader feels slow and heavy on battery. That's why most time I am using stock Pocketbook app.
the4anoni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 01:36 PM   #58
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
I would not be buying a Pocketbook to use with KOReader. I would want it to use with RMSDK. But I also want the font-weight to be adjustable for side-loaded fonts.