Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old Today, 10:00 AM   #37516
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by ownedbycats View Post
The last couple of week, I've seen an ad for a certain pharmaceutical on TV that's basically just a bunch of people standing around and repeating the name of the medication over and over to where it gets ridiculous:

"I take [name of medication]!"
"My dad takes [medication] too!"
"I should ask my doctor about [medication]!"
then the narrator says to ask your doctor about [medication].

Upon further research, if I understand right this is caused by a very baffling rule here in Canada where an advertisement for a medication can either state the name of the medication or its purpose, but not both.

Yeah, I haven't a clue either; just ban the damned things.
If the medication was right for me and my doctor should be prescribing it for me, it already would be prescribed. So no, I'm not going to ask about a TV medication I don't need.
JSWolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 06:38 PM   #37517
ApK
Award-Winning Participant
ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by ownedbycats View Post
The last couple of week, I've seen an ad for a certain pharmaceutical on TV that's basically just a bunch of people standing around and repeating the name of the medication over and over to where it gets ridiculous:

"I take [name of medication]!"
"My dad takes [medication] too!"
"I should ask my doctor about [medication]!"
then the narrator says to ask your doctor about [medication].

Upon further research, if I understand right this is caused by a very baffling rule here in Canada where an advertisement for a medication can either state the name of the medication or its purpose, but not both.

Yeah, I haven't a clue either; just ban the damned things.

I truly don't understand the purpose of Rx advertising to the general public. Even with out a bizarre rule like that.
ApK is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
creepy crawlers!, dell computers, monteverdi, thread that never ends, tubery, unutterable silliness