Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old Yesterday, 08:45 PM   #9871
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer
JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite(10th)
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrissv View Post
Is there a particular setting I need to set to make it work for me? I haven't adjusted any of the default FFF settings.
I don't know. There are a bunch of settings that could cause that--if you hadn't changed something from the default settings, I would expect you to get covers.

I've tried to cover enumerate all the options and common use cases in the cover wiki page.

If you think something is broken, you can try a download in debug mode and post the output log.
Quote:
Originally Posted by steltek View Post
I've used the BrowserCache feature with AO3 several times before when Cloudflare's protection levels get raised. It works, but sometimes it acts a little squirrelly due to the FFF login not working with AO3 and the need to log in to read some fics (once or twice, I've even had it try to force me to log in when importing from the cache). Also, you may have to set both the flag for FFF not to open any pages in the browser (for those fics requiring a login to read) and the flag forcing it to only use the browser cache for those login-only fics.
That sounds about right. If it works, great; but it's not been the target site for Browser Cache.

Quote:
Originally Posted by steltek View Post
EDIT: One thing it does not do from the browser cache feature is to properly import art pages within a fic if the fic happens to have them. The regular AO3 adapter handles them just fine.
If you give me a story URL (SFW please), I'll look at it.
JimmXinu is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 11:27 PM   #9872
steltek
Connoisseur
steltek has a spectacular aura aboutsteltek has a spectacular aura aboutsteltek has a spectacular aura aboutsteltek has a spectacular aura aboutsteltek has a spectacular aura aboutsteltek has a spectacular aura aboutsteltek has a spectacular aura aboutsteltek has a spectacular aura aboutsteltek has a spectacular aura aboutsteltek has a spectacular aura aboutsteltek has a spectacular aura about

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmXinu View Post
I don't know. There are a bunch of settings that could cause that--if you hadn't changed something from the default settings, I would expect you to get covers.

I've tried to cover enumerate all the options and common use cases in the cover wiki page.

If you think something is broken, you can try a download in debug mode and post the output log.

That sounds about right. If it works, great; but it's not been the target site for Browser Cache.

If you give me a story URL (SFW please), I'll look at it.
Well, let me backtrack on that. It isn't working at all now. Maybe it was just slipping something through Cloudflare and I wasn't realizing what was going on. Next time Cloudflare does its thing for me on AO3 I'll try again and let you know what I find out.
steltek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 12:29 AM   #9873
ownedbycats
Custom User Title
ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O, formerly Aura HD
@JimmXinu - did you add a lightbulb icon to the thread when editing? I noticed it a day or two ago.

Click image for larger version

Name:	2024-08-30 01_28_40-Window.png
Views:	13
Size:	2.8 KB
ID:	210481
ownedbycats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 01:33 AM   #9874
Clem2605
Enthusiast
Clem2605 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo H2O, Kobo Libra H2O, Boox Tab Ultra C
Quote:
Originally Posted by ownedbycats View Post
Attachment 210471

Attachment 210472

Are these set? It's been a while since I set this up so I might be misremembering.
That's exactly how I set it up, but I get nothing in the intended column...

Edit: GOT IT! I was trying to make sure that it worked with another 'tag like' data, but turn out that my tags were in the 'genre' data.
Why? I have no idea, but it works as intended now, so I'm not asking to many questions xD

Last edited by Clem2605; Today at 01:41 AM.
Clem2605 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 09:12 AM   #9875
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer
JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite(10th)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ownedbycats View Post
@JimmXinu - did you add a lightbulb icon to the thread when editing? I noticed it a day or two ago.

Attachment 210481
I did. No particular reason--raise visibility a little.
JimmXinu is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 02:26 PM   #9876
chrissv
chrissv began at the beginning.

Device: kindle paperwhite
Log

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmXinu View Post

Hi, thanks. Here's a debug log downloading https://finestories.com/s/11249/dead-end

Hope something stands out.
Attached Files
File Type: txt tmpnx30aalk.txt (98.6 KB, 1 views)
chrissv is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
fanfiction