Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old Yesterday, 01:57 PM   #136
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Libra Colour, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by icerom View Post
OTH After I updated to 4.38.23038 I have been unable to connect to Calibre. I get a "database disk image is malformed". I am currently restoring the db, we'll see if it fixes it.
How are you restoring the DB? It only takes seconds to copy a backup of the KoboReader.sqlite and BookReader.sqlite files back to your Kobo from your computer. A sign out/sign in or factory reset takes a bit longer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by icerom View Post
Also, it appears my device has been deauthorized for ADE. Might be the two issues are interconnected, I dunno. But I wish I'd never updated.
If you logged out and back in or did any of the flavours of factory reset, this will remove the activation.xml file from the .adobe-digital-editions directory. If you use the Kobo Utilities database backup tool, that directory is part of the backup. OTOH, you can copy activation.xml from one Kobo to another which saves worrying about running out of activations and having to jump through Adobe's hoop to get more added to your account.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 07:37 PM   #137
bohn
bohn began at the beginning.

Device: Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirtel View Post
No. He has said he is a bit busy at the moment, and some patches need extensive reworking, so it might take a while.

I'm also waiting for the patches before I update.
any idea what the difference is between waiting for the patches and just changing version: 4.38.23038 and src/kobo-update-4.38.23038.zip in kobopatch.yaml ?
bohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 07:53 PM   #138
Sirtel
Grand Sorcerer
Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage & Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by bohn View Post
any idea what the difference is between waiting for the patches and just changing version: 4.38.23038 and src/kobo-update-4.38.23038.zip in kobopatch.yaml ?
Some patches won't work.
Sirtel is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 01:35 PM   #139
geek1011
Wizard
geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Mini, Aura Edition 2 v1, Clara HD
Quote:
Some patches won't work.
This.
geek1011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 01:40 PM   #140
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
No. He has said he is a bit busy at the moment, and some patches need extensive reworking, so it might take a while.

I'm also waiting for the patches before I update.
@EnterNameHere does not have a color Kobo. So the current patches will work. It's just that some need a new offset for 4.38.23038. These offsets are in this thread. Most of the patches work as is.

The reworking is needed for 4.39.x.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 01:41 PM   #141
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Some patches won't work.
Most of those non-working patches for 4.38.23038 have been fixed with a new offset found in this thread.
Old Today, 01:51 PM   #142
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

I've attached the patches adjusted for 4.38.23038. The offsets posted in this thread have been applied and do work. In the kobopatch.yaml file I have all the patches listed so just set each patch you use from no to yes. You have to edit the kobopatch.yaml file as these are the overrides. This will be easier to use going forward.

So anyone with 4.38.23038, enjoy!
Attached Files
File Type: zip kobopatch_4.38.23038.zip (6.72 MB, 9 views)

Last edited by JSWolf; Today at 01:53 PM.
Old Today, 02:16 PM   #143
Sirtel
Grand Sorcerer
Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
I've attached the patches adjusted for 4.38.23038. The offsets posted in this thread have been applied and do work. In the kobopatch.yaml file I have all the patches listed so just set each patch you use from no to yes. You have to edit the kobopatch.yaml file as these are the overrides. This will be easier to use going forward.

Thank you. Are there any patches that don't work, do you know?
Old Today, 02:18 PM   #144
bluepeter
Connoisseur
bluepeter began at the beginning.

Device: Clara 2E, Clara BW, Mini, Libra H2O, Paperwhite (10G), Boox Poke 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post

Thanks very much.

I guess I must be doing something wrong with it, 'cos I get this in my log:

--> could not apply patch "Don't uppercase header/footer text": line 1220: inst 4: ReplaceBytes: could not find specified bytes
bluepeter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 02:36 PM   #145
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
Thank you. Are there any patches that don't work, do you know?
I don't know if any don't work. But I have updated all the posted new offsets.
Old Today, 03:00 PM   #146
hatuluang
Zealot
hatuluang ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hatuluang ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hatuluang ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hatuluang ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hatuluang ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hatuluang ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hatuluang ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hatuluang ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hatuluang ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hatuluang ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hatuluang ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara 2E
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluepeter View Post
Thanks very much.

I guess I must be doing something wrong with it, 'cos I get this in my log:

--> could not apply patch "Don't uppercase header/footer text": line 1220: inst 4: ReplaceBytes: could not find specified bytes
Change the offset from 282 to 298

Code:
Don't uppercase header/footer text and change page number text:
  - Enabled: no
  - Description: Combines the previous two patches.
  - PatchGroup: Header/footer page number text
  - ReplaceBytes:
      Base:            "ReadingView::getChapterTitle()"
      Offset:          298
      FindInstBLX:     {SymPLT: "QString::toUpper() const"}
      ReplaceInstBLX:  {SymPLT: "QString::trimmed() const"}
  - ReplaceBytes:
      Base:            "ReadingView::updateFooter()"
      Offset:          26
      FindInstBLX:     {SymPLT: "QString::toUpper() const"}
      ReplaceInstBLX:  {SymPLT: "QString::trimmed() const"}
  - FindReplaceString: {Find: "%1 OF %2", Replace: "%1 / %2"}
  - FindReplaceString: {Find: "%1% READ", Replace: "%1% read"}
ref: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...&postcount=107
hatuluang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 03:30 PM   #147
Sirtel
Grand Sorcerer

I've done the patches for both the Sage and the Libra (not installed them on the devices yet) and no error messages, so I guess all of mine should work.

I'll update the firmware and install the patches a bit later.

Many thanks to Jon and everyone else who has helped with this!

Tags
firmware, firmware release