Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old Yesterday, 04:38 PM   #1
beedaddy
Groupie
beedaddy knows that there *is* no spoonbeedaddy knows that there *is* no spoonbeedaddy knows that there *is* no spoonbeedaddy knows that there *is* no spoonbeedaddy knows that there *is* no spoonbeedaddy knows that there *is* no spoonbeedaddy knows that there *is* no spoonbeedaddy knows that there *is* no spoonbeedaddy knows that there *is* no spoonbeedaddy knows that there *is* no spoonbeedaddy knows that there *is* no spoon

Device: Kobo Libra 2 & Clara 2E, Tolino shine 5th Gen
Tolino: Problems (and some solutions) with list of books on device

I noticed some problems with the new tolinos and the kobo driver:

1. Only sideloaded books show up on "books in main memory of device"
2. Audiobooks don't show up on "books in main memory of device"
3. One of the listed books shows wrong date, wrong size and wrong path

I was able to partly solve these issues:
1. Books downloaded from the tolino cloud do have the MimeType 'application/epub+zip' instead of 'application/x-kobo-epub+zip'. So I added this MimeType.
2. Audiobooks from the tolino cloud do have the MimeType 'audio/mpeg'. So I added this MimeType.

So the new situation is, that the book list of the device is complete. And the audiobook shows up as well BUT with the wrong date, size and path. And it shows the title and author of a different (epub) ebook! In debug mode it shows UUID in the table. I guess this is a hint of which metadata matches between the books on the device and in the library.

Any ideas on how I could tackle down this wrong-match-problem with the audiobook?
I've attached the patch I came up with so far as well as a screenshot which shows the list of books.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Bildschirmfoto vom 2024-08-09 21-48-12.png
Views:	19
Size:	68.6 KB
ID:	210063  
Attached Files
File Type: txt fix_tolino_mimetype.patch.txt (1.3 KB, 2 views)
beedaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 08:11 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
calibre doesnt support audiobooks and definitely not on devices. I dont know how th ekobo driver works but for general drivers, the title and author are populated by reading metadata from the book file. calibre cannot read metadata from audio files, so I have no idea how you are getting the title and author, probably from the driver is reading it from the kobo database.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote