Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old Today, 12:44 PM   #1
E-Book lezer
E-Book lezer began at the beginning.

Device: Samsung Tablet Galaxy Tab A7 (Cantook)
How do I go to Calibre using Chrome on my tablet (android)?

I know I have to do that via the calibre Content server but I can't figure it out.
Who has experience with this and wants to help me.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Geen verbinding.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	23.4 KB
ID:	210219   Click image for larger version

Name:	Verbinden.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	53.9 KB
ID:	210220   Click image for larger version

Name:	Verbonden.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	25.9 KB
ID:	210221  
E-Book lezer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 01:03 PM   #2
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Libra Colour, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
For the basic startup, I would suggest opening Preferences ( Voorkeuren ) => Sharing over the Net ( Delen via het net ). For your first time, I would suggest leaving all settings at their defaults. After you click Start Server ( Inhoudsserven starten ), after a few seconds, you will see a line similar to the one in the image reading: Content server listening at: IP_addressort HTTP. In the image, the ip address is 10.0.0.184 and the port is 8080.

If you then enter http://ip_addressort in the address bar of your web browser, it should connect to the content server.

Once this is working, then you can start setting up users and other advanced features.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Screenshot 2024-08-17 095847.png
Views:	9
Size:	48.0 KB
ID:	210223  
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 01:15 PM   #3
E-Book lezer

It seems like it worked :-)

Only I don't know yet how to get/see that page on the tablet
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Calibre via internet.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	381.1 KB
ID:	210224  

Last edited by E-Book lezer; Today at 01:23 PM.
Old Today, 01:41 PM   #4
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

The address you are showing '::1' is the IP v6 localhost address so equivalent of 127.0.0.1 using IP v4. It will only work on the device itself. You will need to find an IPv4 or IPV6 address that can be used out the computer. Which operating system and version are you running?
Old Today, 01:50 PM   #5
E-Book lezer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
The address you are showing '::1' is the IP v6 localhost address so equivalent of 127.0.0.1 using IP v4. It will only work on the device itself. You will need to find an IPv4 or IPV6 address that can be used out the computer. Which operating system and version are you running?
Samsung Tablet Galaxy Tab A7 Runs on Android 12
Old Today, 03:32 PM   #6
DNSB
Bibliophagist

Quote:
Originally Posted by E-Book lezer View Post
Samsung Tablet Galaxy Tab A7 Runs on Android 12
Not the device you are trying to connect to the content server from but the device you are running the content server on ( Windows, MacOS, Linux, version, etc.)