Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 08-28-2024, 06:22 PM   #1
acprinter
Groupie
acprinter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acprinter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acprinter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acprinter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acprinter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acprinter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acprinter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acprinter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acprinter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acprinter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acprinter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite 11th generation
I Need a new cover for Kobo Clara HD

My Kobo Clara HD cover is disintegrating, any recommendations for a new cover. There are many at Amazon so I was hoping someone would have one they think is nice.
acprinter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 11:31 AM   #2
Phil_C
Addict
Phil_C ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phil_C ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phil_C ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phil_C ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phil_C ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phil_C ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phil_C ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phil_C ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phil_C ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phil_C ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phil_C ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-350; Kobo Clara HD; Kobo Clara 2E; Kobo Clara BW
Fintie makes great faux leather sleep covers. Don't let the cheap price fool you. They look and feel like quality items, and hold up extremely well. I have these covers for the Clara HD, 2e, and BW.

I prefer plain black, but it appears that one is no longer available for the HD. The "Library" version is. It also has a stand, which the black did not.

Search Amazon for "fintie case for kobo clara hd".
Phil_C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 11:57 AM   #3
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil_C View Post
Fintie makes great faux leather sleep covers. Don't let the cheap price fool you. They look and feel like quality items, and hold up extremely well. I have these covers for the Clara HD, 2e, and BW.

I prefer plain black, but it appears that one is no longer available for the HD. The "Library" version is. It also has a stand, which the black did not.

Search Amazon for "fintie case for kobo clara hd".
Fintie make cases that fall apart. I've had a Kobo Fintie case fall apart and I know someone who has had a Kindle Fintie case fall apart and I've read of others with Finties cases not lasting.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 12:05 PM   #4
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by acprinter View Post
My Kobo Clara HD cover is disintegrating, any recommendations for a new cover. There are many at Amazon so I was hoping someone would have one they think is nice.
kwmobile make nice cases.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B09YXJ1LL4
Old Today, 12:06 PM   #5
Phil_C
Addict
Phil_C ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phil_C ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phil_C ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phil_C ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phil_C ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phil_C ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phil_C ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phil_C ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phil_C ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phil_C ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phil_C ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

My Finitie on the HD still looks almost new at 5-6 years old. As does the one for the 2e. Which is why I immediately bought another one for the BW. Maybe there is a different model you had? Otherwise, I have no idea what you do to your cases.
Old Today, 12:16 PM   #6
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil_C View Post
My Finitie on the HD still looks almost new at 5-6 years old. As does the one for the 2e. Which is why I immediately bought another one for the BW. Maybe there is a different model you had? Otherwise, I have no idea what you do to your cases.
My Fintie cover is in some landfill. Did not last all that long.
Old Today, 12:27 PM   #7
Phil_C
Addict

Fintie cover purchased 7/2019. There is some wear along the bottom center where I often hold the reader open with one hand. But you really can't see it in the pic.

I like the way the reader is inserted into an inner pocket. The cover does not flop around.

I do not like the kind where you snap the reader into a shell, and the front cover is connected by only a slim strip of material. Those tend to flop around crookedly. And that slim strip of connecting material is a weak point that will deteriorate before the rest of the cover.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6761.JPG
Views:	16
Size:	146.3 KB
ID:	210497   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6762.JPG
Views:	15
Size:	153.3 KB
ID:	210498   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6763.JPG
Views:	16
Size:	160.0 KB
ID:	210499  
Old Today, 03:03 PM   #8
mergen3107
Wizard
mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Scribe
After my kwmobile case with too strong magnet caused issues (random wake/sleep), I got this case: https://www.aliexpress.us/item/3256805072930305.html

Very convenient! So easy to hold
mergen3107 is offline   Reply With Quote