Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK

Notices

Old Today, 12:57 AM   #1
Scoob
Scoob began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Voyage and Kindle Keyboard
Question What's a good choice for a second hand nook🤔

I'm looking to add another symmetrical button ereader to my line up with a budget of 30$. I'd like it to sideload books as simply as it is to do with my Kindles. If it helps, I use Calibre on Windows 10 and am decently tech savvy. Moreso if I have directions to follow. I am undecided if it needs to have a backlight or not. Storage wise I always like to have most storage possible on my other devices but I'm in the dark when it comes to e readers. Also preferably a device in the 6in size please.
Those are really my only parameters but feel free to tell me if I should be asking more things to get a better pick. I've never used a Nook before but if the software or reading ui has quirks that's okay.

Last edited by Scoob; Today at 12:59 AM. Reason: I'm bot sure what touch vs classic prefix means so I made it blank.
Scoob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 12:02 PM   #2
Sirtel
Grand Sorcerer
Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage & Libra 2
I'm not a Nook user, but from what I've read in this forum, a good choice would be Nook Glowlight 3 from 2017.

No idea if you can get it for 30$, though.

Last edited by Sirtel; Today at 12:07 PM.
Sirtel is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 12:18 PM   #3
Tarana
Wizard
Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PWSE, Voyage, K3, HDX, KBasic 7 & 8, Nook Glo3, Echos, Nanos
Nook Glowlight 3 is excellent. The amber lighting is also good for bedtime reading. I've had no problems sideloading.
Tarana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 05:01 PM   #4
RWTS
Enthusiast
RWTS began at the beginning.

Device: Nook
I concur. The Glowlight 3 is a great device. Comfortable to hold, a nice screen and the adjustable warm light is wonderful. If you can snag one in good condition for under $30, I'd say it's a steal.
RWTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 05:05 PM   #5
Scoob
Scoob began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Voyage and Kindle Keyboard
I did take a look at the glowlight 3 as recommended. It ticks a lot of my boxes unfortunately its more than double my budget I did find Nook Simple Touch with and without glowlight at my price point though. Other than those models being older that the glowlight 3 I imagine the ease of use and the like will be similar right?
Scoob is offline   Reply With Quote