Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old Yesterday, 11:12 AM   #3001
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgoguen View Post
It already is in the first post, that's where the calibre plugin update server picks up new versions from.
Thanks. I've deleted the attachment.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 03:12 AM   #3002
Greyhunter
Greyhunter began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
It seems I still have some problems. I am trying to export some books to my 'old faithful' Kobo Glo HD. Strangely, some books did not seems to have any problems, but a few are just impossible to export.

Quote:
calibre, version 7.16.0
ERREUR : Erreur: Erreur pendant la communication avec le périphérique

Failed to process Comptine pour la Dissolution du Monde by Brian Evenson: expected string or bytes-like object, got '_cython_3_0_10.cython_function_or_method'

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "calibre_plugins.kobotouch_extended.device.driver" , line 187, in _modify_epub
File "calibre_plugins.kobotouch_extended.common", line 238, in modify_epub
File "calibre_plugins.kobotouch_extended.container" , line 398, in convert
File "calibre_plugins.kobotouch_extended.container" , line 394, in __run_async_over_content
File "calibre_plugins.kobotouch_extended.container" , line 381, in __run_async
File "calibre_plugins.kobotouch_extended.container" , line 377, in __run_async
File "concurrent\futures\_base.py", line 449, in result
File "concurrent\futures\_base.py", line 401, in __get_result
File "concurrent\futures\thread.py", line 58, in run
File "calibre_plugins.kobotouch_extended.container" , line 523, in add_kobo_spans
File "calibre_plugins.kobotouch_extended.container" , line 589, in _add_kobo_spans_to_node
File "calibre_plugins.kobotouch_extended.container" , line 589, in _add_kobo_spans_to_node
File "calibre_plugins.kobotouch_extended.container" , line 539, in _add_kobo_spans_to_node
File "re\__init__.py", line 176, in search
TypeError: expected string or bytes-like object, got '_cython_3_0_10.cython_function_or_method'

During handling of the above exception, another exception occurred:

File "calibre\gui2\device.py", line 112, in run
File "calibre\gui2\device.py", line 646, in _upload_books
File "calibre_plugins.kobotouch_extended.device.driver" , line 342, in upload_books
File "calibre\devices\kobo\driver.py", line 2270, in upload_books
File "calibre_plugins.kobotouch_extended.device.driver" , line 211, in _modify_epub
File "calibre_plugins.kobotouch_extended.device.driver" , line 187, in _modify_epub
File "calibre_plugins.kobotouch_extended.common", line 238, in modify_epub
File "calibre_plugins.kobotouch_extended.container" , line 398, in convert
File "calibre_plugins.kobotouch_extended.container" , line 394, in __run_async_over_content
File "calibre_plugins.kobotouch_extended.container" , line 381, in __run_async
File "calibre_plugins.kobotouch_extended.container" , line 377, in __run_async
File "concurrent\futures\_base.py", line 449, in result
File "concurrent\futures\_base.py", line 401, in __get_result
File "concurrent\futures\thread.py", line 58, in run
File "calibre_plugins.kobotouch_extended.container" , line 523, in add_kobo_spans
File "calibre_plugins.kobotouch_extended.container" , line 539, in _add_kobo_spans_to_node
File "re\__init__.py", line 176, in search
TypeError: Failed to process Comptine pour la Dissolution du Monde by Brian Evenson: expected string or bytes-like object, got '_cython_3_0_10.cython_function_or_method'
Greyhunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 07:18 AM   #3003
New-Kobo-User
New-Kobo-User began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Libra Color
Exclamation Issue with cbr/cbz since updating to 3.6.9

Since updating to 3.6.9 (previously was using 3.6.7) I've been unable to transfer .cbr and .cbz files to my Kobo Libra Color. I even tested files that were previously on my libra colour by removing them from the device and trying to re-transfer them back onto the device. I always get the following error:

Code:
calibre, version 7.16.0
ERROR: Error: Error communicating with device

Not a ZIP file

File "calibre\ebooks\oeb\polish\container.py", line 1181, in __init__
  File "calibre\utils\zipfile.py", line 774, in __init__
  File "calibre\utils\zipfile.py", line 809, in _GetContents
  File "calibre\utils\zipfile.py", line 824, in _RealGetContents
calibre.utils.zipfile.BadZipfile: File is not a zip file

File "calibre_plugins.kobotouch_extended.device.driver", line 342, in upload_books
  File "calibre_plugins.kobotouch_extended.device.driver", line 152, in _modify_epub
  File "calibre_plugins.kobotouch_extended.container", line 117, in __init__
  File "calibre\ebooks\oeb\polish\container.py", line 1188, in __init__
  File "calibre\utils\localunzip.py", line 255, in extractall
  File "calibre\utils\localunzip.py", line 242, in _extractall
ValueError: Not a ZIP file
New-Kobo-User is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 09:18 AM   #3004
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by New-Kobo-User View Post
Since updating to 3.6.9 (previously was using 3.6.7) I've been unable to transfer .cbr and .cbz files to my Kobo Libra Color. I even tested files that were previously on my libra colour by removing them from the device and trying to re-transfer them back onto the device. I always get the following error:

Code:
calibre, version 7.16.0
ERROR: Error: Error communicating with device

Not a ZIP file

File "calibre\ebooks\oeb\polish\container.py", line 1181, in __init__
  File "calibre\utils\zipfile.py", line 774, in __init__
  File "calibre\utils\zipfile.py", line 809, in _GetContents
  File "calibre\utils\zipfile.py", line 824, in _RealGetContents
calibre.utils.zipfile.BadZipfile: File is not a zip file

File "calibre_plugins.kobotouch_extended.device.driver", line 342, in upload_books
  File "calibre_plugins.kobotouch_extended.device.driver", line 152, in _modify_epub
  File "calibre_plugins.kobotouch_extended.container", line 117, in __init__
  File "calibre\ebooks\oeb\polish\container.py", line 1188, in __init__
  File "calibre\utils\localunzip.py", line 255, in extractall
  File "calibre\utils\localunzip.py", line 242, in _extractall
ValueError: Not a ZIP file
Are your CBZ corrupt?

Last edited by JSWolf; Today at 09:21 AM.
Old Today, 09:20 AM   #3005
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greyhunter View Post
It seems I still have some problems. I am trying to export some books to my 'old faithful' Kobo Glo HD. Strangely, some books did not seems to have any problems, but a few are just impossible to export.
Load the eBooks that are failing into the editor and use the editor error checker and eoubcheck (editor plugin) to check for errors and then once any errors are corrected and both error checks say there are no errors, try to send those eBook to your Kobo and see what happens.

Tags
error, kobo aura one