Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > ePub

Notices

Old Today, 04:04 PM   #31
foosion
Evangelist
foosion is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.foosion is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.foosion is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.foosion is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.foosion is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.foosion is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.foosion is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.foosion is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.foosion is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.foosion is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.foosion is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.

Device: Kobo Libra 2 & Clara BW
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turtle91 View Post
That’s what I do most of the time (regex)… BUT … you need to be very careful of nested tags especially if you are searching for <span>s because that regex will pickup the first end tag not necessarily the correct one.

As Diap mentioned, his plugin actually parses the html to avoid that issue.
I'm not sure which post you're responding to. Assume it's recent:

I can't recall ever seeing a nested h# tag and Jon's example wasn't nested.

I'm not sure it's even possible to do nested properly with standard regex. I started a post asking about that and so far I've gotten the expected lack of response.

Anyway, agreed.
foosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 04:05 PM   #32
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Libra Colour, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
I'm not certain if the calibre flavour of DiapDealer's tool will handle regex but the Sigil version does. For a <tag>blah blah blah</tag> I will use regex but where nested tags come into play, I will go with TagMechanic. I remember way back (2012, Sigil 0.5.3???) when I looked at the dog's breakfast that I created using a regex search/replace covering nested divs and exited without saving.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 04:07 PM   #33
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turtle91 View Post
That’s what I do most of the time (regex)… BUT … you need to be very careful of nested tags especially if you are searching for <span>s because that regex will pickup the first end tag not necessarily the correct one.

As Diap mentioned, his plugin actually parses the html to avoid that issue.
I agree. I use Diap's plugin for divs and spans because it works better then risking regex.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 04:09 PM   #34
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
I'm not certain if the calibre flavour of DiapDealer's tool will handle regex but the Sigil version does. For a <tag>blah blah blah</tag> I will use regex but where nested tags come into play, I will go with TagMechanic. I remember way back (2012, Sigil 0.5.3???) when I looked at the dog's breakfast that I created using a regex search/replace covering nested divs and exited without saving.
The calibre version of Diaps Editing Toolbag does allow regex for the search.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote