Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > ePub

Notices

Old Today, 09:12 AM   #31
Turtle91
A Hairy Wizard
Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 15/11/X/6/iPad 1,2,Air & Air Pro/Surface Pro/Kindle PW & Fire
Again….

What you do for your own books is up to you.

When you come here and tell others that it isn’t important, when it actually IS, that’s when I have an issue with it.
Turtle91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 01:05 PM   #32
nabsltd
Evangelist
nabsltd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nabsltd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nabsltd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nabsltd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nabsltd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nabsltd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nabsltd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nabsltd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nabsltd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nabsltd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nabsltd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite (11th gen), Scribe
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiapDealer View Post
Plus, I've no interest in homogenizing my reading experience. I enjoy a little formatting variety.
I'm mostly retaining the original look for the book and just fix the CSS to work better on a wide variety of readers.

For books where I have a physical copy, I will try and match the formatting to that, if it has unique character.
nabsltd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 03:37 PM   #33
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turtle91 View Post
Again….

What you do for your own books is up to you.

When you come here and tell others that it isn’t important, when it actually IS, that’s when I have an issue with it.
How is it important when you are looking at the text on screen and you won't notice any difference?
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 03:44 PM   #34
Turtle91
A Hairy Wizard
Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 15/11/X/6/iPad 1,2,Air & Air Pro/Surface Pro/Kindle PW & Fire
Give it up Jon. If you are REALLY looking for an answer then go back and read the previous posts in this thread PLUS all the other threads where we've discussed these exact same issues (which you obviously didn't listen to there either).
Turtle91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 03:53 PM   #35
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Libra Colour, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
How is it important when you are looking at the text on screen and you won't notice any difference?
For me, since I format ebooks for others as well as for myself, it is very important. It is not that much extra time and effort to continue those habits into all my ePub editing. Little things such as giving images meaningful alt text can make a great difference for someone who is using AT for a minimal effort on my part.

To me, your attitude is the same as those people who complain about making buildings wheel chair accessible, the "I don't need that so nobody should bother" attitude. You may not need those accommodations but there is that minority that does. Perhaps I might be biased since I did some volunteer work for UBC's Crane library when I was a student there decades back but such is life.

You might even consider how few seem to agree with your opinion compared to the number who disagree?
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 04:05 PM   #36
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
For me, since I format ebooks for others as well as for myself, it is very important. It is not that much extra time and effort to continue those habits into all my ePub editing. Little things such as giving images meaningful alt text can make a great difference for someone who is using AT for a minimal effort on my part.

To me, your attitude is the same as those people who complain about making buildings wheel chair accessible, the "I don't need that so nobody should bother" attitude. You may not need those accommodations but there is that minority that does. Perhaps I might be biased since I did some volunteer work for UBC's Crane library when I was a student there decades back but such is life.

You might even consider how few seem to agree with your opinion compared to the number who disagree?
If I was editing an eBook for someone who needed AT, I would make sure it followed the rules. As for <em> and <i>, if it was done correctly by the publisher, I would leave it be. I don't fix that sort of thing as I don't use AT.

Where we live is wheelchair accessible. We made sure when the bought it that it could be adapted to be. We had a deck put in and got it with a ramp.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote