Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 06-28-2024, 03:49 AM   #1
Uncle Robin
Diligent dilettante
Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage; Kobo Libra H2O
Update patches from previous kobopatch?

I recall doing this once quite some time ago. Someone posted a method that involved simply editing the firmware version named in one of the kobopatch files. It worked fine but since it's been so long since I've tried it, I wanted to be sure of which files I need to edit to update my Sage with patches now that it's running the latest firmware update.
Uncle Robin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2024, 04:04 AM   #2
GlenRunciter
Enthusiast
GlenRunciter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenRunciter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenRunciter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenRunciter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenRunciter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenRunciter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenRunciter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenRunciter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenRunciter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenRunciter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenRunciter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage
in kobopatch.yaml edit these 2 lines:

version: 4.38.23038
in: src/kobo-update-4.38.23038.zip

I patched yesterday without problems.
GlenRunciter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2024, 04:38 AM   #3
Uncle Robin
Diligent dilettante
Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage; Kobo Libra H2O
Quote:
Originally Posted by GlenRunciter View Post

Thank you! I thought that was the one, I just wanted to make sure
Uncle Robin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2024, 07:08 AM   #4
PennyDred
PennyDred could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.PennyDred could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.PennyDred could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.PennyDred could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.PennyDred could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.PennyDred could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.PennyDred could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.PennyDred could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.PennyDred could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.PennyDred could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.PennyDred could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: Kobo Elipsa, Kobo Aura H2O (original)
Using the method above, all of my favourite patches from kobopatch_4.38.21908 worked on the Aura H2O except:
'Increase size of kepub chapter progress chart'
and
'Don't uppercase header/footer text'
neither of which are essential for me so I'm happy.
PennyDred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2024, 11:57 AM   #5
IanScuffling
Enthusiast
IanScuffling began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura HD
this method worked for me, except for the patch: "Customize ComfortLight settings"
IanScuffling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 05:10 AM   #6
bopuc
livin' with ebooks
bopuc understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'bopuc understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'bopuc understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'bopuc understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'bopuc understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'bopuc understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'bopuc understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'bopuc understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'bopuc understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'bopuc understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'bopuc understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'

Location: Berlin (DE), winters in Aomori (JP), from Montréal (CA)
Device: Libra2, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by GlenRunciter View Post

Just to make sure I (and anyone else coming here who isn't a "Kobo Wizard & MobileReads Lore Master ") understand:

The above "trick" allows one to apply KoboPatch v.84 (which targets Kobo Firmware 4.38.21908) to the 4.38.23038 Kobo Firmware (released late June 2024) for those impatient to wait for KoboPatch v.85.

Caveat is that not all patches for previous firmware will work in the new one (as two subsequent posts have already remarked). More precisely, it is not yet known what will or will not work.

So do this only if you really can't wait for the new firmware and you can live with the patches being, well, patchy (until v.85 comes around).

Is that about right?
bopuc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 05:38 AM   #7
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by bopuc View Post
Just to make sure I (and anyone else coming here who isn't a "Kobo Wizard & MobileReads Lore Master ") understand:

The above "trick" allows one to apply KoboPatch v.84 (which targets Kobo Firmware 4.38.21908) to the 4.38.23038 Kobo Firmware (released late June 2024) for those impatient to wait for KoboPatch v.85.

Caveat is that not all patches for previous firmware will work in the new one (as two subsequent posts have already remarked). More precisely, it is not yet known what will or will not work.

So do this only if you really can't wait for the new firmware and you can live with the patches being, well, patchy (until v.85 comes around).

Is that about right?
That's correct. I've just applied the patches and from the patches I use, there are the ones that do not apply.
  • Don't uppercase header/footer text and change page number text
  • Increase size of kepub chapter progress chart
This patch does apply.
Custom header/footer page number text

So it seems to me that most patches will apply as is and it will need a lot more work when we finally go the the version 5 firmware.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 08:24 AM   #8
hatuluang
Connoisseur
hatuluang ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hatuluang ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hatuluang ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hatuluang ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hatuluang ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hatuluang ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hatuluang ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hatuluang ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hatuluang ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hatuluang ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hatuluang ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara 2E
Please find the thread: Patch 4.38.21908 didn't work on 4.38.23038 incl log files.

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...7&postcount=48
hatuluang is offline   Reply With Quote