Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Which one should I buy?

Notices

Old Today, 06:05 AM   #61
Sirtel
Grand Sorcerer
Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage & Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Denodan1 View Post
Go for the Boox go 7 colour. Not locked into an eco system, so have many choices avaliabe to you, plus since its android can load apps, Has SD card support also, so great if you have heaps of comics, etc. Far more verstile than any other ebook reader out there
If you know how to remove DRM, you're not locked into an ecosystem, no matter which reader you use. You can read Kindle books on a Kobo, Kobo books on a Kindle and so on.
Sirtel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 06:43 AM   #62
Denodan1
Enthusiast
Denodan1 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3
But the Boox makes it so easy is what makes it worth buying, as you can just download and use the Kobo app, kindle, its, far less hassle and its not just ebooks, but use apps, etc, and SD card support is a big plus. Ways to get rid of DRM to use on kobo, etc is a hassle
Denodan1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 06:51 AM   #63
Sirtel
Grand Sorcerer
Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
But the Boox makes it so easy is what makes it worth buying, as you can just download and use the Kobo app, kindle, its, far less hassle and its not just ebooks, but use apps, etc, and SD card support is a big plus. Ways to get rid of DRM to use on kobo, etc is a hassle
No hassle in my opinion - I use Calibre anyway, because I want to have all my ebooks in one place and make backups of my library. I still have all the ebooks bought from stores that went defunct more than a decade ago, as well as all my Amazon, Kobo, Google Play ebooks. And I avoid buying duplicates easily by just checking my Calibre library.

YMMV, of course. I know that many people are not interested in liberating and managing their ebooks, but this limits their choices in ereaders. I can buy absolutely any ereader out there and read any of my ebooks on it.

Last edited by Sirtel; Today at 06:55 AM.
Old Today, 06:52 AM   #64
Sirtel
Grand Sorcerer

Delete

Last edited by Sirtel; Today at 06:55 AM.
Old Today, 06:55 AM   #65
Denodan1
Enthusiast

But other ebook readers, cannot sideload apps, the boox being android and has playstore, makes it far better and versatile over any other ebook reader and the reason I will be going for the boox, and no need to muck around like you are, not everyone wants to do this.

You dont get it? The boox is more than just an ebook reader and that makes it far more useful
Old Today, 06:59 AM   #66
Sirtel
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
But other ebook readers, cannot sideload apps, the boox being android and has playstore, makes it far better and versatile over any other ebook reader and the reason I will be going for the boox, and no need to muck around like you are, not everyone wants to do this
I don't want to use apps on a device I use for book reading.

Yes, I know not everyone wants to "muck around". But buying a Kobo or a Kindle doesn't necessarily mean that the buyer will be tied to their ecosystem - if the buyer is willing to "muck around" a bit, they won't be.
Old Today, 07:02 AM   #67
Denodan1
Enthusiast

Well I do, an all in one system and the SD card is a massive advantage, and to use an SD card up to 1tb, which is a hugh advantage and no mucking around at that
Old Today, 07:22 AM   #68
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
You have that wrong. Once you have the latest version of DeDRM installed and properly configured, DRM remove as as simple as added eBooks to your calibre library.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 07:58 AM   #69
Denodan1
Enthusiast

No its not, seen videos and heaps of mucking around. Dont need to crap when I get the boox and its a flush glass screen, not plastic like Kobo. Why bother when I can do it much easier with the boox and far more memory and can do far more, and far more customisable also. Its a better e reader due to can do far more with it and customize colour staturation, etc. Have seen video comparing and the boox has more vibrate colours
Old Today, 08:05 AM   #70
Denodan1
Enthusiast

For me its about versatility and Kobo cannot even compete there, so for me its more than just an e reader so not always needing my phone or computer for certain
apps