Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > ePub

Notices

Old 02-03-2022, 01:54 PM   #16
Doitsu
Grand Sorcerer
Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
If you want, you can also use   (thin space) instead of a full space.
Unfortunately, many default fonts do not contain thin space glyphs.
Doitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2022, 02:40 PM   #17
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doitsu View Post
Unfortunately, many default fonts do not contain thin space glyphs.
A font could be embedded that has a thin space.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2022, 02:11 AM   #18
Ghitulescu
Fanatic
Ghitulescu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ghitulescu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ghitulescu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ghitulescu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ghitulescu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ghitulescu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ghitulescu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ghitulescu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ghitulescu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ghitulescu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ghitulescu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doitsu View Post
For an example, see this book.
I doesn't work in ADE 4.5.11.something. It works in Calibre (pre)viewer. I haven't yet tested the book on hardware readers.

My idea, I repeat it here, was to modify the font that the space is included in the glyph (but not as logical marker, hint, indication - I don't know the name for it, since it can be disregarded).

I also had some searches carried out, since I believed Germans would have found a solution, it's their script, anyway. So far there are a Pleiades of fraktur fonts, yet very few have also the bold (700) weight, and practically none (I have found some 3-4) have italics. I also found one single font that was spaced as I wanted (but no regular form). The fonts have to be OFL/PD, if I change the tracking left-right, proprietary fonts forbid this, I think.
Ghitulescu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2024, 11:48 AM   #19
joseph16
joseph16 began at the beginning.

Device: macbook
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghitulescu View Post
I doesn't work in ADE 4.5.11.something. It works in Calibre (pre)viewer. I haven't yet tested the book on hardware readers.

My idea, I repeat it here, was to modify the font that the space is included in the glyph (but not as logical marker, hint, indication - I don't know the name for it, since it can be disregarded).

I also had some searches carried out, since I believed Germans would have found a solution, it's their script, anyway. So far there are a Pleiades of fraktur fonts, yet very few have also the bold (700) weight, and practically none (I have found some 3-4) have italics. I also found one single font that was spaced as I wanted (but no regular form). The fonts have to be OFL/PD, if I change the tracking left-right, proprietary fonts forbid this, I think.
thanks for share helpfully post.
joseph16 is offline   Reply With Quote