Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 06-21-2024, 11:30 AM   #1
gregorgregor25
gregorgregor25 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 7th Gen
Unhappy Books not showing in calibre

Hi,

I have readarr set up and working, I have calibre setup and working (mostly) and I have calibre web setup and workin and I can send to my kindle.

This issue I have is that after readarr places the book /my/pathtobooks/

the books do not appear within Calibre even although I have the calibre library set to the same /my/pathtobooks/ .

The only way I can get them to appear is through the "Add Books" option on the top ribbon, and then I can select the books and "Open" and the all the books appear within calibre. I think this should be happening automatically?

Anyone know where I am going wrong?
gregorgregor25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2024, 11:46 AM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
You can NOT use (keep existing) books outside Calibre as THE Library and still have Calibre show them.

Do spend some time reading the official FAQ and that should save your hair.
https://manual.calibre-ebook.com/faq.html
Calibre Builds a DB of Metadata AND where it put the book, that is kept With the books (another reason to stay out of that folder. resist changing anything inside. Only Calibre should make the chandes)
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2024, 12:32 PM   #3
Sirtel
Grand Sorcerer
Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage & Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by gregorgregor25 View Post
The only way I can get them to appear is through the "Add Books" option on the top ribbon, and then I can select the books and "Open" and the all the books appear within calibre. I think this should be happening automatically?

Anyone know where I am going wrong?
Adding something directly to the library folder will result in a corrupted library, as the files won't be in the calibre database and Calibre won't be able to "see" them. The only way to add books to Calibre is to use "Add Books" in the program GUI. You can automate the process (Preferences -> Adding Books -> Automatic Adding)

Last edited by Sirtel; 06-21-2024 at 12:40 PM.
Sirtel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2024, 08:10 AM   #4
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All 4 Kinds: epub eink, Kindle, android eink, NxtPaper11
You can configure a location to auto add ebooks. The library folder itself is really a part of the database and shouldn't be accessed at all, except maybe as part of backups when calibre isn't running.
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote