Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old Yesterday, 09:42 PM   #1
Denodan1
Enthusiast
Denodan1 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3
Confusion with converting to epub?

I am confused with using Cailbra? I converted my books to epub, from kindle ready for my Kobo Clara, but in the folder has 4 different files within the folder, Metadate, AZW3,EPUB, cover.

So do I only copy over the EPUB file? Or the whole folder?
Denodan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 09:43 PM   #2
Sirtel
Grand Sorcerer
Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage & Libra 2
Just connect your Clara to Calibre and click the "Send to device" button. No need to copy the files from the library folder manually.
Sirtel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 09:49 PM   #3
Denodan1
Enthusiast

So just highlight them all, convert to EPUB, then send to device, so dont need to save to disk, which saves them to PC as a folder of each book containing 4 files which 3 are different formats
Old Yesterday, 09:50 PM   #4
Sirtel
Grand Sorcerer
Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage & Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Denodan1 View Post
So just highlight them all, convert to EPUB, then send to device, so dont need to save to disk, which saves them to PC as a folder of each book containing 4 files which 3 are different formats
No, you don't need to save to disk to send them to your Kobo. It can be done directly from within Calibre (the program, not the library folder).
Sirtel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 09:51 PM   #5
Denodan1
Enthusiast

Thanks.