Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old Today, 05:29 PM   #31
graycyn
Wizard
graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Pocketbook Era, Kindle Oasis 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcentros View Post
The default dictionary (at least the English one) is definitely a weak point with PocketBooks. The only problem with the Webster's dictionary (linked in previous post) is that it has the full definition, so it can require a lot of scrolling in the small dictionary window that PocketBook provides. That's one feature I would like to see in the PocketBook. The ability to open the dictionary in full page mode when reading, like some of the other readers provide. (You can get full screen by looking up the word in the Dictionary app, but I would like that integrated while reading.)

More features (and complexity) than I need. But the main thing that bothered me was its lack of "regular" ePub page numbering. (I use that for syncing with other readers.)
Many thanks, I've got the download and will do the install later. It is much appreciated! I can live with the scrolling, I suspect.

I don't need the dictionary often, but I prefer something a bit more up-to-date than the 1913 version that came installed on the Pocketbook. Why they'd choose something that old, I can't quite fathom!

I too use Adobe ePub page numbering to sync with other readers.
graycyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 06:41 PM   #32
dmalinovsky
Enthusiast
dmalinovsky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmalinovsky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmalinovsky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmalinovsky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmalinovsky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmalinovsky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmalinovsky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmalinovsky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmalinovsky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmalinovsky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmalinovsky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad Color 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcentros View Post
More features (and complexity) than I need. But the main thing that bothered me was its lack of "regular" ePub page numbering. (I use that for syncing with other readers.)
You can enable so called "reference pages" on KOReader, where you'll have a page per specific number of characters. I've created a user patch to enable this feature, but you'll have to slightly change it to use 1,024 for the page size (as Adobe does): https://github.com/koreader/koreader...ent-2033259217

Then you'll have a new "Reference pages" setting in the menu, where you can enable them instead of the screen ones.
dmalinovsky is online now   Reply With Quote