Notices

Old Today, 01:27 PM   #76
bluepeter
Connoisseur
bluepeter began at the beginning.

Device: Clara 2E, Clara BW, Mini, Libra H2O, Paperwhite (10G), Boox Poke 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cootey View Post
Anybody had any luck applying 4.38.23038 to a Mini?
Not yet, but I intend and expect to be trying it in a few days' time.

I bought a Mini on eBay today. When I get it - which should be no later than Monday - I'll want to increase the storage and apply 4.38. Provided that I remember and nobody else has replied by the time I do it, I'll post the result here. If you care enough and I forget, you're welcome to give me a prod.
bluepeter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 02:28 PM   #77
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
I've applied 4.38.23038 to my Libra 2. I also applied the patches. Had no trouble at all.

It's nice to know that my advice I've been giving to go to the home screen before connecting to the USB should be a lot more valid then it was before.
JSWolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 02:28 PM   #78
DrChiper
Bookish
DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PC, t1, t2, t3, aura 2 v1, clara HD, Libra 2, Libra Color, Nxtpaper 11
I decided to update all my ereaders (Libra Color, Aura 2nd ed v1, Clara HD) OTA since last week which went without any problems.
Only my trusted Libra 2 is still not receiving the OTA update yet. Of course I can force the update myself, but perhaps there is a reason the update is not available yet, so I decided to wait a little longer.
Anyone noticed the same?
DrChiper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 02:33 PM   #79
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrChiper View Post
I decided to update all my ereaders (Libra Color, Aura 2nd ed v1, Clara HD) OTA since last week which went without any problems.
Only my trusted Libra 2 is still not receiving the OTA update yet. Of course I can force the update myself, but perhaps there is a reason the update is not available yet, so I decided to wait a little longer.
Anyone noticed the same?
Nope. I never OTA update. I like to do it on my terms and I want to make sure the patches are ready to go.

I decided to do the update today since @DNSB has said that he tested 4.28.23038 and did not find any issue with the left open files. So I figured it was a good idea to go for it. That and the patches mostly apply.
JSWolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 02:45 PM   #80
ghira
Zealot
ghira began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Sage, Kobo Aura One, Nook Simple Touch, Nook Glowlight,
I may get lots of other problems but I have never had this usb/database problem so I think I'll wait for OTA.
ghira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 03:47 PM   #81
Nemo1984
Connoisseur
Nemo1984 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
Ii have tested my usual patches from the previous version on 4.38.23038 and all worked, except "Remove forgotten PIN". This is unfortunate, but not a major concern.

I get this, for reference:
Error: could not apply patch "Remove forgot pin button from lock screen": line 655: inst 4: ReplaceZlib: not a zlib stream
Error: could not apply patches: error applying patch file 'src/nickel.yaml': could not apply patch "Remove forgot pin button from lock screen": line 655: inst 4: ReplaceZlib: not a zlib stream

Last edited by Nemo1984; Today at 04:32 PM.
Nemo1984 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
firmware, firmware release