Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old Yesterday, 03:12 PM   #9886
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer
JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite(10th)
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Maverick View Post
Since months ago flaresolverr doesn't work for me with ff.net. I tried today again with the latest version but got the same error as always.

But BrowserCache is still working fine for me. At least for now.
That reply is about fimfiction.net, not fanfiction.net.

More technical discussion about it on github, issue #1100.
JimmXinu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 08:29 PM   #9887
Nickname
Nickname began at the beginning.

Device: Web
I am having a lot of difficulty with understanding how to configure the title page of the downloaded fanfiction.

How do you change what shows up in the title page ? Does it need multiple sections to work ?
I've read the default.ini comments but it does not seem to work as it says it should ?

my personal.ini :
Spoiler:
[defaults]
titlepage_entries: category, status

#[archiveofourown.org]
#titlepage_entries: category, status

#[archiveofourown.org:epub]

#[overrides]

The title page still comes out with all the default entries
I tried adding the "titlepage_entries" to the different sections : no change

It's probably something super obvious, but I just don't know what to do anymore
Nickname is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 10:02 PM   #9888
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer
JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite(10th)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickname View Post
I am having a lot of difficulty with understanding how to configure the title page of the downloaded fanfiction.
The title page still comes out with all the default entries
I tried adding the "titlepage_entries" to the different sections : no change
First, I assume you understand that lines starting with '#' are commented out.

Second, title page doesn't update automatically--FanFicFare only changes the contents of the ebook (epub is the recommended format) on download or update.

You need to update with 'Overwrite Always' or 'Update EPUB Always' mode if the story hasn't been updated since you last downloaded it.
JimmXinu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 11:04 AM   #9889
Nickname
Nickname began at the beginning.

Device: Web
Welp, the forum kept logging me out.

I was using the wrong update option "update metadata"

Going back to see how to update my library without completely deleting what is already there

Nickname is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 04:03 PM   #9890
XRoverMaelstromX
XRoverMaelstromX began at the beginning.

Device: MoonReader+ (Android App)
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmXinu View Post
If you downloaded to epub, you can do Update EPUB Always. FFF will still go to the site to collect the metadata, but will reuse the existing chapters.

If you downloaded to a different format, Overwrite Always is the only option to update title page. I recommend downloading to epub and converting as needed for all users.

If you aren't already, you should also look at creating and using a custom column for storing FanFicFare Metadata. It won't help with updating the title page inside the epub, but it will let you update Calibre metadata without more network traffic later.
Ah thank you! I feel silly that I didn't realize that, that's incredibly helpful!

And yes, I actually did a bunch of work a few months ago to make a bunch of custom columns to break out the metadata because I had so many things in my default tags from just using the FFF default settings that it was crashing my tag browser in MoonReader, it's been a huge quality of life improvement and also led me to some other tweaks that have been pretty great too.

I'm currently trying to figure out how to use the replace metadata function to standardize the relationship tags a little more, and I've sort of got it but it's not perfect yet and I'm not sure if my ideal outcome is going to be possible, so I'm trying to figure out what kind of compromise outcome I want that is possible - I want any OC characters shipped with named characters to end up second in the ship name, but to keep the alphabetization of ship orders for everything else, and I'm pretty sure I can't write something that will do that, so I'm trying to figure out if it's worth even trying to standardize the various ways OCs are tagged.

I also want to do something that will take the Ao3 fandom names in their custom column and put the standardization in my regular fandoms column. I read a lot of Star Wars and DC stuff and the fandom tags for that on Ao3 cover a lot of different individual books/comics/movies under the same overall fandom, so I have a separate custom column where I just label the overall fandom manually, but if I could set something up to automatically insert the overall fandom into that column using the information from the Ao3 fandom column that would be great but I have been running up against a wall trying to figure that out.
XRoverMaelstromX is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fanfiction