Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old Today, 12:46 PM   #1
burnsimurnsi
burnsimurnsi began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Libra 2 - N418
Unhappy Libra 2 not working even after new sd card and new image

Hi everyone,

I have a Kobo Libra 2 that is out of warranty. While I was reading, it froze, and I tried pressing all the buttons, but only the power LED kept blinking. Even the manual reset from Kobo's support page didn't help; the blinking only stopped briefly. Eventually, even that didn't work anymore.

Then I came across this forum and fortunately received an image file from DNSB. I installed it on a new SD card. Now, I get the blinking power LED again, but nothing else happens. When I try the manual reset, the blinking stops for a moment, and the screen's backlight turns on for a fraction of a second. However, nothing is displayed on the screen.

I really don't know what else to do, so I'm reaching out to you all in the hope that I can save my device.

I would be really grateful for any suggestions
burnsimurnsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 05:38 PM   #2
retro
Groupie
retro doesn't litterretro doesn't litterretro doesn't litter

Device: Kobo Clara Blue PRS 350
Quote:
Originally Posted by burnsimurnsi View Post
Hi everyone,

I have a Kobo Libra 2 that is out of warranty. While I was reading, it froze, and I tried pressing all the buttons, but only the power LED kept blinking. Even the manual reset from Kobo's support page didn't help; the blinking only stopped briefly. Eventually, even that didn't work anymore.

Then I came across this forum and fortunately received an image file from DNSB. I installed it on a new SD card. Now, I get the blinking power LED again, but nothing else happens. When I try the manual reset, the blinking stops for a moment, and the screen's backlight turns on for a fraction of a second. However, nothing is displayed on the screen.

I really don't know what else to do, so I'm reaching out to you all in the hope that I can save my device.

I would be really grateful for any suggestions
I went through pretty much the same thing a few months ago. I also tried an image on a new sd card and it wouldn't boot so I put the original sd back in. I must have tried the hard reset more than a dozen times and all the sudden it worked. When it reset I believe I had it plugged in to make sure the battery wasn't too low. Not sure if that's what made a difference.

It booted up to the firmware version that it came with and I stopped the upgrade download, turned off wifi and made an image which I put on the new sd. It had been freezing regularly before but it's been great ever since. I really believe the original sd card was faulty.

Just don't give up, you never know.....
retro is offline   Reply With Quote