Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Conversion

Notices

Old 06-24-2024, 12:36 PM   #1
b0dhimind
b0dhimind began at the beginning.

Device: PC, Kindle
Default Output Directory

Calibre defaults to the Windows user directory when outputting a file (via save or print). Is there a way to change this default? There's a million options for output but nothing for the "default output directory" or even just using the last used directory.

I tend to output to a specific folder on my OneDrive.
b0dhimind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2024, 01:01 PM   #2
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by b0dhimind View Post
Calibre defaults to the Windows user directory when outputting a file (via save or print). Is there a way to change this default? There's a million options for output but nothing for the "default output directory" or even just using the last used directory.

I tend to output to a specific folder on my OneDrive.
You should NEVER use any cloud storage with active files with calibre. Never let any of your library be use with any sort of cloud syncing software. Yes it may work now, but eventually it will fail. It's not a matter of if, but of WHEN.

When you save to disk, calibre does default to the last directory used.
JSWolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2024, 01:07 PM   #3
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Calibre on W10, suggests the last folder used.
If it does NOT for a cloud folder, then that is a specific Windows setting.

Jon... This is a COPY, not the Library, which must be local and NOT actively synced.
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2024, 01:11 PM   #4
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
Calibre on W10, suggests the last folder used.
If it does NOT for a cloud folder, then that is a specific Windows setting.

Jon... This is a COPY, not the Library, which must be local and NOT actively synced.
calibre does allow save to disk to save to the directory of your choice. calibre will remember that directory and if it's still there, it will bring it up as the default location to save to disk. It will even do it if the directory is being serviced by Onedrive. However, if you have a Onedrive mapped as a drive, it may not remember your last used directory.
Old Today, 10:40 AM   #5
b0dhimind
b0dhimind began at the beginning.

Device: PC, Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
calibre does allow save to disk to save to the directory of your choice. calibre will remember that directory and if it's still there, it will bring it up as the default location to save to disk.

It doesn't do that. Have you actually tried it? I've tried with just my normal downloads directory and it always defaults to the user directory on the next export.
b0dhimind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 10:43 AM   #6
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
It doesn't do that. Have you actually tried it? I've tried with just my normal downloads directory and it always defaults to the user directory on the next export.
Yes I have used Save to disk and it does default to the last directory used.

If you are on Windows, I suggest you try save mode and see how you get on. If it does work, you'll have to find what program you run at start if interfering.
Old Today, 12:24 PM   #7
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Yes! (for Save To Disk) on W10 pro.
I have not tried Printing ?? WAIT... Printing?? Are you using the Viewer?

I just tested that. sent first (after setting path) to my BigHD/public2 (rotating rust). Sent a second book and the path remained at public2 so I just hit enter

Note: I did have to (windows) allow Calibre to use that folder (I use the normal Defender). Check your security logs. there may be block notices
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
directory, output